Test Unit 3 (the 8th form)
I. Match the word and the phrases with similar meaning.
1. to explain; 2. to approve; 3. headline; 4. wisdom; 5. to stop doing something;
6. opportunity; 7. purpose; 8. to merge; 9). to get used to something; 10). suggest.
a). aim; b). to combine; c). title; d). to describe; e). to be pleased with something; f). knowledge; g). to quit doing something; h). chance, occasion; i). offer; j). to become addicted to something.
II. Complete the following sentences with that, who or which.
1. Where is the e-mail … arrived yesterday?
2. There are few pupils in our class … like reading detective stories.
3. The mobile application … I downloaded works perfectly.
4. We moved into the house … was at the end of the street.
5. You should ask your friend … knows a lot about computers.
III. Complete the following sentences using reported speech:
1. Andy: “Can I help you?” Andy wanted to know … .
2. Mark: “Has John arrived?” Mark asked … .
3. Teacher : “Don’t forget your homework!” The teacher reminded me … .
4. Karen: “Don’t play football in the garden!” Karen told me … .
5. Jamie : “Don’t eat so much junk food!” Jamie reminded me … .
6. My mother: “Wash your hands!” My mother told me … .
7. My grandpa: “We will build a house next year.” My grandpa said … .
8. My friend: “Why are you so sad today?” My friend asked … .
9. He offered: “Let’s meet next week.” He offered … .
10. The student said: “I didn’t understand the teacher’s question.”
The student said … .
IV. Fill in some or any.
1. We haven't got bread. I'm going out to buy .
2. I'm thirsty. Can I have water, please?
3. There aren't shops in this part of the town.
4. I haven't got money but Ann has got .
5. Would you like tea?
6. I went out to buy milk, but they didn't have in the shop.
7. They didn't make mistakes.
8. There are useful books in the shop, but I don’t have money. Can you lend me ?
9. Are there letters for me this morning? No, there aren't.
10. He needs good advice.