1. Translate from Russian into English.
1. забирать багаж
2. совершать посадку в самолет
3. посадочный талон
4. стол регистрации
5. объявить рейс
2. Transform the words on the right to fit the gaps on the left.
Cairo is notorious for its overcrowded roads, _____________ driving practices and old vehicles, but also for its air pollution.
In recent months though, environmental studies indicate there have been signs of ______________. That’s due in part to the removal of many of the capital’s old black and white taxis, most of which were in a poor state of repair. After new legislation demanded their removal from the roads, a low interest loan scheme was set up.
The ____________ pays about $900 for old ones to be scrapped and advertising on the vehicles helps cover repayments. The idea has proved popular with customers – they can now travel in air-conditioned comfort.
Banks and car manufacturers are glad for the extra business in tough _____________ times. As for the taxi drivers, most are delighted to be behind the wheel of new cars,
although there have been a few _____________ about switching from black and white to a plain white colour.
3. Put in appropriate modal verbs.
1. You … (not) come to help them tomorrow: the work is done.
2. … you help me now?
3. It’s already six o’clock. We …hurry if we don’t want to be late.
4. Ann … not go to the party yesterday.
5. You … take medicine three times a day before meals.
4. If you want to go somewhere on holiday, would you rather go to a travel agency or travel by yourself? Give arguments to support your point of view.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|