УМК С.Г.Тер-Минасова 6 класс
Контрольная работа по теме “The Way You Live Is the Way You Look”
I. Match the pats of the idioms. (Соедини части идиом.)
1. As busy as a) a snail
2. As hungry as b) a lion
3. As slow as c) a horse
4. As wise as d) a mouse
5. As brave as e) a squirrel
6. As free as f) a bee
7. As quiet as g) a monkey
8. As strong as h) a wolf
9. As clever as i) an owl
10. As quick as j) a bird
Mother’s Day Christmas St Valentine’s Day Halloween Thanksgiving DayII. Match the names of holiday with their descriptions (Соедини названия праздников с их описаниями.)
1. This holiday is celebrated on the 25th of December. In America it is the most important holiday of the year. Shops, post-offices, banks and business houses are closed for the day. People stay at home and spend the time with their families. Every family tries to have ever-green tree, which is decorated with coloured lights. They also hang little toys, sweets on the tree and they put present under the tree. ______________
2. This holiday is celebrated among persons of all ages. The day is a time to send little gifts to those you love. Flowers and candy are favourite presents which sweethearts send each other. ______________
3. This is a day when Americans honour their mothers. Most mothers like to celebrate this day with the whole family. Many people send their mothers a card or a gift. Some people take their mothers to a restaurant for dinner. It is the custom to carry a red or pink flower, if one’s mother is living. It is the custom to carry a white flower if one’s mother is dead. __________________
4. On this day the children often wear masks over their faces. They carry baskets and bags. They go from house to house and knock on the door. They ring the bell. When people come to the door, the children say, “Trick or treat! Trick or treat!” People give the children sweets, cookies and apples.____________________
5. It is traditionally a day for families and friends to get together for a special meal. The meal often includes a turkey, potatoes, cranberry jelly, pumpkin pie and vegetables. This is a time for many people to give thanks for what they have. _________________________
III. Open the brackets using the correct form of the verb (Откройте скобки и поставьте глаголы в нужную форму).
Last month we (to have) winter holidays. They (to begin) on the 30th of December and (to end) on the 10th of January. School children (not to have) lessons at that time.
We (to have) good weather all the time. Sometimes it (to snow), but we (to like) the weather very much. During the winter holidays I often (to go) to the cinema and (to see) some interesting films for children. I (to read) some books which I (to take out) from our school library. Every day I (to meet) my friends and we (to play) in the playground or (to go) to the skating-rink to skate. Every day I (to look) after my little sister and (to help) my mother about the house, (to wash) the dishes, ( to sweep) the floor and (to clean) the rooms. On Saturdays and Sundays my father (to take) me to the town park for walks.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|