Урок по теме
“HEALTH AND BODY CARE”
Практические задачи: 1)Повторить лексику по теме “Health
And Body Care”.
2)Повторить косвенную речь.
Развивающие задачи: 1)Развивать навыки говорения.
2)Развивать навыки работы с
Воспитательные задачи: 1) Воспитывать бережное отношение к своему здоровью и здоровью окружающих.
Оборудование: магнитофон, кассета, медицинский халат, карточки с заданиями.
Повторение лексики по теме “Health and Body Care”
Ролевая игра “Doctor’s Visit”
Работа с текстом “Mr. Martin”
Подведение итогов. Окончание урока.
T: Hello, dear boys and girls! Today we summarize everything we know about our topic “Health and Body Care”. We’ll repeat the words and indirect speech, play a bit, do tasks with the text.
2. Фонетическая зарядка.
T: Let’s begin with our phonetic drill. Repeat rhythmically after me all together.
It’s quite the same.
The train is very late.
I’m sorry I forgot.
I hope you understand.
On Friday afternoon.
I’d like a piece of bread.
It’s all the same to me.
Excuse my being late.
3. Речевая зарядка.
T: Our health is very important to us. What should we do to be healthy and to keep fit?
P1: We should get up early and go to bed early to keep fit.
P2: We should take regular exercises.
P3: We should take a cool shower.
P4: We should eat healthy food.
P5: We should clean our teeth twice a day.
P6: We mustn’t smoke.
P7: We shouldn’t eat too much or too little.
4. Повторение лексики.
T: Now we repeat our words on the topic.
Translate from Russian into English:
Translate from English into Russian:
to swallow to be on a diet
to suffer to ride
to fall ill to recover
cottage cheese to prescribe
c)Give it a name:
- the upper, front part of the body (chest);
- foolish (silly);
- at once (immediately);
- a feeling of being hurt (pain);
- the front of the neck (throat);
- to move food or drink down the throat (to swallow);
- not hard (easy);
- to be cooked in hot oil or butter (to fry).
d) Look at the blackboard and say what words are they.
Zneees (sneeze), aemxien (examine), lafl (fall), rmace (cream), ffersu (suffer), ciceybl (bicycle), olbdo (blood), nitefied (definite).
e) Now find the difference between two adjectives sick and ill. Take the sheets of papers with the task and fill in the gaps.
1. The doctor came and examined a … child. 2. – How is Jack? – He is … . 3. What has happened with Bill? – He has been … . 4. All the … people were sent to hospital. 5. – Is Betty still …? – No, she isn’t. she has already recovered. 6. Jane and Kate are seriously … .
5. A role play “Doctor’s Visit”
Doctor comes in. D: - I’ve come to examine you. P1, you have a high temperature.
P1: What did the doctor say?
P2: Doctor, what should I do?
D: You should take this medicine three times a day.
D: P2, I will listen to your heart. … You should keep to a diet of salad and fruit.
P3, I will feel you pulse. … You should go to bed early.
P4, show me your throat. … You should stay in bed for three days.
P5, show me your tongue. … You should take your blood pressure regularly.
P6, you have a weak chest. … You should eat more dairy products.
P7, your lungs are not good. … You should take regular exercises.
P8, you have a cold. … You should take this medicine regularly.
P9, you are coughing badly. … You should drink warm milk with honey.
6. Spoken Etiquette.
T.: We’ll repeat how to apologize. Open your books at p. 199. Read the phrases given here. Now listen to the dialogues of ex.7 p.200.
Make up your own dialogues. Work in pairs. Dramatize your dialogues.
7. Checking up the home task.
T.: Your home task was to read the story about Mr. Martin. Open your textbooks at p. 238.
a) Find English equivalents in the text:
- жил одиноко;
- столько информации сколько возможно;
- серьезно изучал закон;
- бывший юрист;
- знания о здоровье и медицине;
- воображаемые болезни;
- страшные болезни;
- очень заботился о том, что ест и пьет;
- нет симптомов;
- пульс нормальный;
- размеренная жизнь.
b) Say “True, false or don’t know”
1. Mr. Martin had a wife and two children. (F)
2. His village was situated in the south of Wales. (T)
3. He was very much interested in biology. (?)
4. Mr. Martin often had long talks with his cousin. (F)
5. He led a regular life. (T)
6. The doctor said Mr. Martin had some terrible illnesses. (F)
7. Mr. Martin read about symptoms in the magazine. (F)
8. The doctor asked Mr. Martin not to worry. (T)
Finish the questions.
Mr. Martin was very much interested in many different things, …?
He often went to see his doctor, …?
They don’t sneeze or cough, …?
Their pulse is normal, …?
I don’t suffer from all these things either, …?
8. Окончание урока.
T.: Do you know any proverbs about health? So, read them from the blackboard:
Good health is above wealth.
Wealth is nothing without health.
You should do everything to be healthy and to keep fit. Your home task is to make up stories about your visiting any doctor. Your marks are … . Our lesson is over. Goodbye.
Краткое описание документа: