Theme: Oxford and Cambridge Universities
The aims of the lesson:
1.Білімділік: Оқушылардық Оксфорд және Кембридж университеттері туралы алған білімдеріне шолу жасап,қайталау жұмыстарын жүргізу;
2.Дамытушылық: Сұрақ жауап әдісі арқылы оқушылардың ойлау,есте сақтау қабілеттерін дамыту;
3. Тәрбиелік: Ұлтжандылыққа,сыйластыққа,бір-бірін тыңдауға ,достыққа,тілге деген құрметке тәрбиелеу;
The visial aidsof the lesson: cards,pictures,tables
The method of the lesson: Traditional lesson
General plan of the lesson.
I. Organization moment.
Teacher: Good morning! I am very glad to see you and hope that you are ready for the lesson and you are in a good mood. Today the theme of our final lesson is "Oxford and Cambridge Universities". We’ll speak about these universities, watch video films about them and revise grammar material ( The Gerund). Let`s start.
Teacher: Look at the screen. Before reading the texts and watch video films about Oxford and Cambridge let`s speak about education. There is a very good poem.
The more we learn – the more we know,
The more we know – the more we forget,
The more we forget – the less we know.
So why study?
So, “Why do you study? Why do you go to school?”, “Is education important?”
Finish the sentence, please.
Pupils: I go to school…
Teacher: Have we mentioned all the points? As I understood you go to school because it is necessary to learn and you will have exams this year.
3. Phonetic practice.
Teacher: Now let’s remember proverbs and sayings about learning. Listen, repeat it after me and translate them.
Live and learn.
It’s never late to learn.
Practice makes perfect.
4. Checking up homework
And now let`s check up your homework.
Let`s read the text Oxford and Cambridge Universities. Ex.3, p.48
Let’s do ex.4. Are these statements true, false or there is no information in the text.
Read the first sentence.
Answer my questions, please.
1. Is Oxford older than Cambridge?
2. When was it founded?
3. Are these universities equally good?
4. What is the name of the competition between these two universities?
5. When did it start?
5. Видео көру.
Teacher: I want you to watch video films about Oxford and Cambridge. EF or English First is the largest private education company in the world that specializes in language training, study abroad and cultural exchange. This company has a lot of schools all over the world including Oxford and Cambridge.
The first film is about Oxford. While you were watching this film, listen to the speaker and be ready to answer the questions about Oxford.
1. When was Oxford University founded?
2. What famous people studied there?
3. What are the social meeting areas?
4. Where do the student`s live?
5. What do they usually do after classes?
The second film is about Cambridge.
1. Where is Cambridge situated?
2. Is it far from London?
3. What is Cambridge famous for?
4. Where do the students live and study?
5. What do the students enjoy doing on a sunny day?
6.Look at the screen. Let`s watch presentation about these universities.
Tell us about Oxford.
Tell us about Cambridge.
Teacher: Today at the lesson we have spoken a lot about Oxford and Cambridge and so let`s define what university town these sentences belong to. Have a look at the screen.
1. This university town is famous for its first-class education as well as its very beautiful buildings. (Oxford)
2. Some of the most intelligent men and women in the country live and work here. (Oxford)
3. In old times students were not allowed to play games, sing, hunt, fish, and dance. (Cambridge)
4. You can see many lovely gardens, where the students can read and relax in the summer months. (Oxford)
5. There are twenty-nine colleges in this town. (Cambridge)
6. It gives them what they need: a quiet atmosphere, friendly colleagues and the four-hundred-year-old library, which has about five million books. (Oxford)
7. Later the doors of colleges were opened to both men and women. (Cambridge)
8. The university now has thirty-five colleges and about thirteen thousand students, many of them from other countries. (Oxford)
9. Some Harry Porter scenes were filmed in the great Tudor dining hall. (Oxford)
10. 80 Nobel Prize winners studied at the University. (Cambridge)
Teacher: Now let’s improve your grammar. Read the sentences and use the verbs in brackets in the correct form. You can do this exercise in your workbooks, ex.6, and page14.
A young girl who liked (play) the piano found out that a young critic Bernard Shaw would be (invite) to a party. The girl was found of (meet) famous people. She learned that most of all Shaw loved (be) in a good company and (listen) to good music. The girl did not have a good voice so (sing) was out of the question. She decided to please Shaw by (choose) some lovely piece of music and (play) it at the party. She enjoyed ( get) ready for the event and finally she left confident.
Almost all the guests ( arrive)and the girl had been playing the piano for half an hour when a young man (enter )the room. He was introduced to everybody as Bernard Shaw. The girl looked at him with admiration. She continued (play) the piano. Bernard Shaw kept (pay) no attention to the girl and started (talk) with one of the guests. The young girl disliked (be) ignored. Attracting Shaw`s attention was her dream, but she did not know how to do it.
Finally she turned to Shaw and said loudly:" Excuse me, I have heard that you are fond of (listen) to good music."
"I am," answered Bernard Shaw, "but never mind! Go on (play)"
Now let’s check up. Read the sentences, please and explain your choice.
8.The result of the lesson
Teacher: I think that you have known a lot about Oxford and Cambridge universities so who wants to tell us about them briefly?
Your homework is: Ex.1, p.49 Get ready for your project” A World of Opportunities”
The best pupils of the lesson
Try to work hurder
Thank you for your good work! The lesson is over .Good bye.