Тақырыбы: «Story time/Оқу уақыты »
Aims: To consolidate the language of the module to develop fine motor through to produce a project about school items. The letters A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I.
Language focus Consolidation:
-Target vocabulary Consolidation Cross-curricular links Maths (Beginning the lesson activity, Craftwork)
- Photocopies of the finger numbers template from the Teacher's Resource Pack CD-ROM, one per pupil, glue, scissors, crayons for each pupil for the Craftwork activity; A feely bag for Ex. 11 (Game Formative Assessment worksheet for Module 2, one for each pupil.)
BEGINNING THE LESSON:
(Activities to consolidate the language of the module)
-write the numbers 1-10 on the board. Let the pupils look at them for one minute. Then ask them to close their eyes. Erase a number. Ask them to open their eyes. Ask a pupil to tell you which number you have erased. Repeat the activity as many times as necessary;
- play the Pencils in my schoolbag song from the previous lesson (rack 27 CD1). Encourage the pupils to sing along.
- 10 Count. Write. Explain the activity. Point to the book and ask: How many books? Elicit: Five. Say: Yes. Five books. Allow the pupils some time to complete the activity Check the pupils' answers. Answer key 3 schoolbags, 8 pens, 5 books, 9 pencils, 10 rubbers.
-Before going into class Photocopy the finger numbers template from the Teacher's Resource Pack CD-ROM, one for each pupil. Make sure you have scissors, glue and coloured pencils/markers ready to use. Refer the pupils to the picture and explain that they are going to make finger numbers. Hand out the photocopies. Guide them through the cutting, gluing and coloring of the finger numbers. Go around the classroom as the pupils do the craftwork and ask questions e.g. What color is number 5? etc. During this stage, feel free to play any song from the module. Upon completion of the activity, put on your finger numbers and say: Count with me! The pupils do the same and repeat after you. Say the numbers as you wiggle the corresponding fingers. The pupils do the same. Invite pupils to count on their own.
ENDING THE LESSON:
(An activity to consolidate the language of the lesson)
- Ask the pupils to draw as many pencils (up to ten) as they wish and write the number below them. Then they present their drawings. Formative Assessment. ACTIVITY BOOK: (Optional)
- If you wish, you can do page 31 from the Activity Book during this lesson or the next one.
Let's listen! (Track o9 CDI):
- the scene by asking the pupils questions about what they can see in the pictures.
e.g. Teacher: (pointing to in picture 1) Who is he?
Teacher: Yes! Liam is with his friend Andy (pointing to Liam's mummy in picture 1) And who is she?
Class: His mummy! Etc.
Play the CD. The pupils listen and follow in their books. AUDIOSCRIPT:
Liam: Andy this is my mummy. Mummy: Hello, Andy. Andy: Hello!
Liam: This is my daddy. Daddy: Hello, Andy. Andy: Hello!
Liam: This is my sister, Lilly. Lilly: Hello, Andy. Andy Hello!
Andy And who's this? Your brother? 5 Liam: No! This is Charlie!
Play the CD again with pauses for the pupils to repeat, chorally and/or individually.
Hold up your book to the class. Say the dialogue and point to the pictures in turn. Repeat, this time inviting the pupils to complete your sentences. e.g. Teacher: Andy, this is my Class mummy! Etc.
Extension activity (Optional)
-For stronger classes: Select a short exchange from the dialogue for the pupils to act out in pairs. Allow them some time to rehearse their exchanges. Have some pairs come to the front of the class and perform their exchanges.
-For weaker classes: Ask some pupils to take out their story cutouts. Ask them to shuffle them. Play the dialogue with pauses.
The pupils listen and hold up the corresponding cut outs.
ENDING THE LESSON (An activity to consolidate the language of the lesson.)
The pupils, in pairs take turns saying a family member's name and the other has guess who it is. Demonstrate this yourself first.
e.g. Pupil 1: Ulan!
Pupil 2: Your daddy?
Pupil 1: No!
Pupil 2: Your brother?
Pupil 1: Yes! Etc.
ACTIVITY BOOK (Optional) If you wish, you can do page 21 from the Activity Book during this lesson or the next one.
Вам будут интересны эти курсы: