Итоговый тест по английскому языку. 8 класс.
Выберите правильный вариант:
1. Укажите слово, в котором ударный гласный звук читается иначе, чем в остальных
a) London b) country c)come d) about
2. …United Kingdom includes…Great Britain and ….Northern Ireland.
a)the, the, the b)the, -,- c)-,-,- d)-,the,-
3. ….Snowdon is….highest mountain in…Wales.
a)the,the,the b)-,-,- c)-,a,the d)-,the,-
4. Leonardo da Vinchi is a
a) famous painter b) man who invented a parachute c) man who studied the world around
d) famous singer
5. Mother Teresa was born in:
a) England b)Albania c) Germany d) Finland
6. The USA is a large country. It is the ____ largest country in the world.
a) four b) fourth c) forty d)fourteen
7. When we travel, we ______ at a hotel.
a) stay b)stand c)places d) be situated
8. This is one of the ______ streets of the city.
a) grateful b) broaden c) central d) attend
9. This landscape reminds me ______ Kent.
a) of b) on c) from d) at
10. My friends and I are fond of learning English. Every lesson our teacher tells ___ a lot about Britain.
a) they b) we c) us d) them
11. The dress was old-fashioned, _______?
a) was it b) it was c) wasn,t it d) it was not
12. There are 11 _________ in the football team.
a) man b) man,s c) men d) mennen
Выберите правильную форму глагола
13.. She says to Mary “Give me your book, please”
a) she asks Mary to give her a book.
b) she tells Mary to give her a book
c) she says to Mary to give her a book
14. If he …(finish) his homework, he would go for a walk.
15. The farmer said:”It will rain today”
a) The farmer said that it would rain today.
b) The farmer said that it will rain today.
c) The farmer said that it would rain that day.
16. If you learned English, you ..(stay) out of trouble.
Вставьте пропущенные слова
Do you read newspapers?
There are two kinds of newspapers in ____17). One is large kind and has many detailed articles about national and international events. These newspapers are called___18). The other kind, called _____19) are smaller in size and have more pictures.
In some parts of the country there are also papers giving information about what things are happening in the country. They are called____20). _________21) newspapers express a political opinion.
Some newspapers are published on every day of the week except Sunday. They are called____22.
The newspapers which larger than daily ones, are called_________23. Read ____24) and you will get a lot of information all over the world.