1. Put the definite article “the” if it necessary.
1. My friend is ill. She is in ….hospital.
2. He has stolen money. He is …. in a prison.
3. I live near …. school.
4. My sister went to … bed at 9 o’clock yesterday. She was tired.
5. My parents will go to … university next week. They will visit my brother.
2. Make nouns. Use the suffixes -ness and -dom.
3. Make nouns. Use the suffixes -ship and - hood.
4. Fill in the gaps.
1. What date is it today? Today is the ________________of October.
2. When is your birthday? My birthday is in the ______________of____________
3. My mother’s birthday is in the _________________of_____________________
4. May is the ______________month of the year.
5. The happiest day of my life is the _______________of______________
a) the Rockefeller Center_____
b) the Guggenheim Museum_____
c) the Empire State Building_____
d) the Statue of Liberty_____