Theme: Reported speech.
Task 1. Change the following sentences according to the example.
The teacher says, “I have good news for you.” – The teacher says that she has got good news for us.
1. My sister says, “I don’t want to do this work.”
2. The young man explains, “I’m not enjoying my life here.”
3. The secretary remarks, “I sent the fax two days ago.”
4. The police officer says, “There is no parking here.”
5. He adds, “I haven’t found a good job yet.”
Task 2. Change the following sentences according to the example. Use the verbs in brackets.
She says, “Come on time, please.” (ask) – She asks us to come on time.
She says, “Don’t be late!” (warn) – She warns us not to be late.
1. The teacher says, “Read this book.” (advise)
2. The stewardess says to Jim, “Don’t smoke, please.” (tell)
3. They say, “Come and sit down.” (invite)
4. The police officer says, “Don’t park your car here.” (order)
5. The judge says, “You must pay a fine.” (order)
Task 3. Correct the mistakes in the following sentences.
1. Can you tell me what is the matter?
2. Could you tell me where is the remote control?
3. Nobody understands what is he speaking about.
4. I don’t remember what is the date of the meeting.
5. Tell us please who are you?
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|