Grammar test - 1
1. Don't you know him? He always ... lies.
A. tell B. say C. says D. tells
2. He phoned to say he … his bag on the plane.
A. forgot B. has left C. had left D. has forgotten
3. I have never seen such ... men!
A. higher B. high C. tall D. the tallest
4. I don't think you should select the pictures so carefully. ... will do.
A. some B. no C. any D. none
5. He wonders ... he could possibly get the job.
A. weather B. whatever C. whenever D. whether
6. The clothes are absolutely wet. I should dry ... .
A. it B. their C. them D. theirs
7. He decided to save some money and put ... in the bank.
A. it B. their C. them D. its
8. - Must I make the final choice right now? – - No, you …. .
A. mustn't B. can't C. needn't D. couldn't
9. If food in the Chinese restaurant is not bad and in the Japanese restaurant it is extremely delicious that means that the first one is ... than the second.
A. the worst B. better C. worse D. the best
10. … Mississippi is one of the longest rivers in the world.
A. a B. the C. an D. –
11. They are … asleep.
A. yet B. just C. still D. else
12. He … the house since 1997.
A. has owned B. have been owning C. own D. owned
13. The man is old and he can’t … well.
A. heard B. hear C. to hear D. listen to
14. They arrived … the airport on time.
A. – B. in C. to D. at
15. We can't agree ... you on the problem.
A. to B. with C. without D. –
16. A ... wind is blowing.
A. stronger B. strong C. strongest D. small
17. I don’t like parties … finish late.
A. who B. what C. which D. so that
18. Have you ever been ... Scotland?
A. in B. at C. to D. into
19. I don't believe she can ... that long.
A. speak B. tell C. say D. to speak
20. Tom said he would come back ... I finished.
A. before B. while C. until D. till
Grammar test - 2
1. There isn't ... sense in what you suggest.
A. many B. much C. few D. a few
2. Can you explain why you ... this mistake again?
A. do B. has C. make D. have made
3. The forecast promises such ... good weather.
but I don't believe it.
A. a B. an C. - D. the
4. She thinks he's ... man in the world.
A. a smart B. a smarter C. smartest D. the smartest
5. Nobody knows when it last ... in Sri-Lanka.
A. has snowed B. snowed C. is snowing D. will snow
6. Give him a good mark to ... his self-respect.
A. raise B. rise C. get up D. get down
7. You must have as … sugar as possible. It’s bad for you.
A. few B. a little C. little D. a few
8. Would you like … sweet?
A. other B. another C. others D. the others
9. Where's ... bag? It's gone.
A. a B. an C. - D. the
10. She ... in the sun too long and got burnt.
A. has laid B. has been lying C. is lying D. lay
11. Look at ... ear-rings! Do you like them?
A. a B. an C. – D. the
12. Who can tell me where ... ?
A. is my key B. my key is C. was my key D. my key had been
13. There is no place like …
A. house B. apartment C. home D. accommodation
14. The information is top secret, so naturally, everybody is interested in ... .
A. them B. they C. it D. their
15. Save your money but don't put ... in the bank.
A. them B. it C. they D. their
16. One boy hit another … a ball.
A. with B. by C. through D. for
17. Everyone has to answer for all this ….?
A. hasn’t he B. doesn’t he C. does he D. don’t they
18. They looked … each other in surprise.
A. with B. after C. for D. at
19. I cannot excuse you, unless you … me what the problem is.
A. say B. speak C. talk D. tell
20. You just … what you have done!
A. see at B. look C. watch D. notice
Grammar test - 1
Grammar test – 2
Контроль чтения в 11 классе
Установите соответствие тем A-H текстам 1-7.Занесите свои ответы в таблицу. Используйте каждую букву только один раз. В задании одна тема – лишняя.
A. musical performance E.Films for all ages
B.Attractive landscape F.Exciting hobby
C.Perfect holidays G.Colourful festival
D.Portrait of a girl H.Interesting book
1. This is a full-length (ninety minutes) cartoon, which is entertaining for both adults and children over six. The animation and colour are of very high quality and the story has lots of funs and excitement. The plot is quick moving and full of surprises. There`s romance, action, comedy, music and lots of fantastic songs and dances.
2. This is a full- blooded magnificently written portrait of history`s most fascinating woman. Readers will lose themselves for hours in this richly entertaining novel full of dramatic twists and turns. From the spectacular era that bears her name comes the spell building story of Elizabeth I – her tragic childhood, her confrontation with Mary, Queen of Scots and her brilliant reign.
3. The young woman is shown in a shepherdess hat and white dress, recalling a classical chiton. The background landscape, common in such paintings, seems to indicate the heroine`s closeness to nature, to the ordinary toys of life. The painter`s colour range – at times as translucent as porcelain, as others muted like mother of pearl – is based upon subtle plays of dray and green, light blue and pink.
4.In this picture one is struck by the artist`s absolute mastery in portraying natural details, whether the dry, sandy soil of the forest, the clear stream of water in the foreground, the yellow bark and fluffy needles of the pines, or the sense of a bright, clear, calm summer day. The artist managed to create an image familiar to anyone who has seen a Russian forest.
5. Have a good time on the most lively and exciting island in the Caribbean. Relax under a palm tree on the white sandy beaches. Swim in the clear, blue sea. Listen to the bands playing Calypso music. Or get really adventures and go scuba diving for sunken treasure on the sea bed. Join in the many cultural celebrations we offer, for example the sugar harvest festival.
6. This event is considered the greatest attraction for visitors to the Isle of Man. No definite date can be given, but it is normally held between 5th and 15th July. The Pageant begins at about 8 pm. First we are given a glimpse of village life in Celtic times. Then suddenly Viking long ships appear and then there are scenes of war. Then Celts and Vikings unite, and the Max nation is born. The actual Pageant is followed by a grand torchlight procession and firework display.
7. Do you like Latin American dancing? Do you want to dance like you see in the films and on the stage? Do you want to feel the rhythm of the music in your body and in your soul? Do you want to meet other people who have a love for the same music as you? If you have answered Yes to any of these questions, join our Latin dance classes on Thursday night between seven and ten. All are welcome.
Ключ к 1 варианту
Контроль чтения в 11 классе II вариант
Установите соответствие тем A-H текстам 1-7. Занесите свои ответы в таблицу. Используйте каждую букву только один раз. В задании одна тема – лишняя.
A. Types of mass media E. Air in danger
B. World in danger F. World language
C. Danger of smoking G. Wonderful trip
D. English in schools H. Types of travelling
1. English is very popular nowadays. It`s the language of computers, science, business, sport and politics. English is an amazing language, the language of great literature. Half of the world`s scientific literature is published in English. Nearly half of the world`s business deals in Europe are conducted in English. It`s the language of sports and glamour, being the official language of the Olympic Games and the Miss Universe Competition. English is the official voice of the air and the sea.
2. Millions of people all over the world spend their holidays travelling. They travel to see other countries and continents, modern cities and ruins of ancient towns. Some travel to enjoy picturesque places or just for a change of scene. It`s always interesting to try different food, to listen to different musical rhythms. Those who live in the country like to travel to a big city while city dwellers usually prefer spending a quiet holiday by the sea or in the mountains, with nothing to do but walk and base.
3. Global warming is the term used to describe the relatively dramatic rise in the world`s average temperature during the 20th century. According to some environmentalists, global warming is a result of the industrial revolution and that if it continues; it will destroy civilization as we know it. Global warming is a problem, and people must take any steps they can in order to prevent it.
4. Speaking English gives people many privileges in society, enabling them to communicate successfully with those who don`t know your mother tongue. In order to possess these privileges school teachers and methodologists propose to introduce six hours of learning English a week for all Russian schools and introduce this subject from the first year in primary schools. Learning English should become more intensive to make Russian citizens more communicative.
5. Air pollution is a very serious problem in the world. In Cairo just breathing the air is life threatening – it equals smoking two packs of cigarettes a day. The same holds true for Mexico City and 600 cities of the former Soviet Union. Industrial enterprises emit tons of harmful substances. These emissions have disastrous consequences for our planet.
6. The press, radio, television and Internet are various types of mass media that keep people informed on the topical issues of the day. The mass media do much to excite an interest in every aspect of life and play an important role in reflecting the life of society. The mass media draw the public attention to the most serious political, economic, social and ecological problems.
7. Last year my brother and I went to Turkey. This trip left the best impression on me. We took advantage of the excellent weather and went on different tours, for example, rafting. We took ourselves by a raft and a kayak through the picturesque mountainous region of Southern Turkey. Besides, we found new places, saw impressive sights and got acquainted with new people.
Ключ к тексту 2 варианта
Выберите и вставьте в предложение нужное количественное местоимение.
1. There are … sweets in the vase.
many; b) much; c) any.
2. There is … butter in the fridge.
much; b) many; c) any.
3. Is there water… in the kettle?
some; b) any; c) no.
4. There are … eggs in the box.
a) many; b) much; c) any.
5. There is … flour in the packet.
a) any; b) many; c) much.
6. There are… apples on the plate.
a) any; b) some; c) one.
7. There isn`t… milk in the cup.
a) some; b) no; c) any.
Подберите к русскому предложению английский перевод.
1 У меня есть два хомяка.
2.У моей сестры есть фотоаппарат.
3.У него есть попугай и черепаха.
4.У девочки есть зонтик.
5.У моих родителей есть плеер.
6.У котят есть корзинка.
7.Упопугая есть клетка.
8.У Петра есть магнитофон.
a) The girl has an umbrella.
b) Peter has a cassette-recorder.
c) My sister has a camera.
d) My parents have got a walkman.
e) He has got a parrot and a tortoise.
f) The parrot has a cage.
g) I have got two hamsters.
h) The kittens have got a basket.
Прочитай текст и выполни задания 3,4,5.
Read this letter from our English correspondent, Diana Right, who wanted to write you about a mysterious land called Antarctica. You can learn more about Antarctica from our magazine “Young Scientist”.
Here is the story I promised to write to you. Imagine a lot of snow, ice (лед), sun and cold all in one place. It`s called Antarctica! And it is the coldest (самая холодная) part of the world. It is also the highest and the windiest. There are a lot of mountains and icebergs in Antarctica. Do you know what icebergs are like? They are large and beautiful pieces of ice like (как) mountains made from glass and snow.
Scientists (ученые) from different countries stay here for short periods of time. Usually they live in special stations.
There are some unusual (необычные) birds that live in Antarctica. They are called penguins. They are quite big birds but they can`t fly at all.
But they are excellent (отличные) swimmers and divers. While the penguins` mums spend the winter at sea, their dads take care of the eggs for nine weeks. During this time they don`t eat or drink. For extra warmth these brave and strong birds live in big groups. Together they try to keep their children out of the cold air and wind.
The blue whale lives in Antarctica too. It is the largest animal in the world. But I will write you about them in my next story.
Send your letters to our magazine. Ask me as many questions as you can and I`ll try to answer them all.
Correspondent for the children`s magazine “Young Scientist”
Задание3. Выбери правильный ответ на вопрос.
What is this text about?
A. an English correspondent
B. young scientists
C. an unusual (необычная) land
Задание 4. Закончи предложения, выбрав правильный вариант из предложенных.
1. Antarctica is the coldest and… 2.Scientists live in Antarctica…
A. the wettest place in the world. A. all the year round.
B. the windiest place in the world. B. for a short period of time.
C.the sunniest place in the world. C. for a long period of time.
3. In penguin families…
A. the mums look after the families.
B. the dads look after the eggs.
C. the mums and dads look after the eggs together.
Задание 5. Прочитай предложения. Отметь предложения, которые соответствуют тексту,- T(true), и предложения, которые не соответствуют тексту,- F (false).
1. Diana wrote a letter to the children about an unusual land.
2. You can`t see any mountains or hills in Antarctica.
3. The largest animal in the world.
4, Penguins can`t swim but they can fly.
Дополни предложения, используя глаголы в нужной форме.
1 Listen! What … she (play)? – It`s my favourite song.
2. My little sister has chosen the Musician`s Club. She … (play) the guitar.
3. John! What … you (do)? - I … (write) a letter to my English pen friend.
4. The children … (write), … (read) and … (count) at school.
5. Why … you (cry)? – I can`t do my Math’s homework. It`s very difficult. Will you help me?
6. Look! The little boy… (feed) the rabbit.
7. We … (feed) the parrot in the morning an d in the evening.
Чтение в 6 классе
Прочитай текст и выполни задания 3,4,5.
Australia, the smallest continent in the world, is a very interesting country. There are many things to see, from deserts to beautiful beaches, from historical old houses to modern buildings, from unusual trees and plants to unique wildlife.
One of the most amazing animals of the world is the koala. It lives only in Australia and on some of the very nearby islands.
Though koalas look like teddy bears they are not bears. The koala is the relative of the kangaroo, which is the symbol of Australia. Koala mothers also have small pockets where the tiny baby koalas grow like kangaroos. After a baby has been in the pocket for 6-7 months, it leaves the pocket and starts to eat the leaves of the eucalyptus tree. Koalas have nice large ears, big dark eyes and black noses. Koalas also have thick fur which protects them from hot and cold weather and which is also a raincoat for them. Koalas spend as many as 18 hours a day sleeping and resting in the trees they live in.
Sometimes they come down to the ground to look for another tree, but they seldom jump from one tree to the next. Koalas live in the forest with other koalas, but each koala has its own trees which the other koalas don`t visit.
The word “koala” means “doesn`t drink”. Of course, koalas drink when necessary, but they get most of their water from the eucalyptus leaves which they eat. There are many kinds of eucalyptus trees in Australia, but koalas only eat the young leaves of some eucalyptus trees; they practically never eat anything else.
Koalas are endangered animals. Many years ago people killed the animals for their fur. Now strict laws protect koalas from hunters, but people have cut down many forests with eucalyptus trees. Now they are trying to save the rare forests with their wonderful trees and small teddy bear – like animals.
eucalyptus tree – эвкалиптовое дерево
fur – мех
Задание 3. Выбери правильный ответ на вопрос.
What is the text about?
A. The kangaroo which is the symbol of Australia.
B. The koala which is the relative of the kangaroo.
C. The eucalyptus trees which grow in Australia.
D. The endangered animals which live in Australia.
Задание 4. Закончи предложения, выбрав правильный вариант из предложенных.
Koalas are not afraid of bad weather because
A. it is warm in Australia
B. they have thick fur
C. they live in trees
D. they like bad weather
Koalas live in trees because
A. they hide from the people
B. they like to climb trees
C. they are afraid of other koalas
D. they eat the leaves of the trees
The animal got the name koala because
A. it drinks little water
B. it has warm fur
C. it rats green leaves
D. It lives in trees
Задание 5. Прочитай предложения. Отметь предложения, которые соответствуют тексту, - T (true), и предложения, которые не соответствуют тексту, - F (false).
A. Koalas live in Australia, Asia, North and South America.
B. Like (как) kangaroos koalas have a special pocket for their babies.
C. Koalas are friendly; they often visit the trees of other koalas.
D. Koalas are in danger because there are few eucalyptus forests in Australia now.
Контроль чтения в 8 классе
Dead Sea in danger. Мертвое море в опасности.
The Dead Sea, the saltiest (самое соленое) body of water of the Earth and a wonderful natural treasure, is becoming smaller and smaller (уменьшается) because of decisions by people to use part of its waters.
The Dead Sea is located at the lowest point of the Earth (самая низкая точка земли), almost 400 metres below sea level. It is 50 kilometres long. Just 40 years ago it stretched 80 kilometres long.
One of the main reasons for the sea`s shrinking (уменьшение) is lack (отсутствие) of water. 90% of the waters that flow from the Jordan River, which traditionally goes into the Dead Sea, is taken for drinking (используется для питья) and agriculture in Israel and Jordan.
Besides, local industry (местные промышленные предприятия) add to the Dead Sea`s problems. They use the water for getting necessary minerals. It`s a real disaster for the Sea.
Now hundreds of thousands of tourists come to the Dead Sea every year. Its water is so salty that a man can read a newspaper comfortably while lying on his back on the water. The water contains a lot of sulphur (сера), and the thick black mug (грязь) that is found at the sea`s beach is very useful for people with skin diseases.
Tourists treat their bodies with the black mud, but they don`t think about Dead Sea troubles. It can be saved – but time is running out.
Прочитай текст. Ответь на вопросы 1,2,4, выбрав ответ (a,b,c or d). На вопросы 3,5 напиши короткий ответ.
1. Where is the Dead Sea is located?
a) at the highest point of the Earth
b) at the hottest place of the Earth
c) at the lowest point of the Earth
d) at the coldest place of the Earth
2. How long is the Dead Sea now?
a) 400 metres d) 40 kilometres
b) 50 kilometres
c) 80 kilometres
3. Find and write down the sentence that says why the Dead Sea is in danger.
4. What are the main reasons for taking off part of the Dead Sea`s water?
a) thousands of tourists come to the Sea to treat their diseases; the Dead Sea`s water is used by local industry.
b) people take water from the Jordan River for their needs; they use the Dead Sea`s water for getting necessary minerals.
c) local industry uses its black mud; people take water for agriculture and drinking.
d) 90% of the Jordan water is taken for drinking and agriculture in Israel and Jordan; thousands of tourists come to the Sea for treating.
5. Why does the text finish with the words:
It can be saved – but time is running out?
Explain your answer.
Перепишите текст. Используй определенный артикль the, где необходимо.
The official name of the country is … United Kingdom of … Great Britain and … Northern Ireland. The country is situated in … British Isles.
The two main islands are: … Great Britain (in which are … England, Wales and Scotland) and … Ireland …. … United Kingdom is not far from … Europe.
… UK is washed by … Atlantic Ocean in the east and by … North Sea in the west. The highest mountains are in … Scotland and … Wales: … Ben Nevis and … Snowdon. The longest rivers are … Severn and … Thames.
… Uk is one of the world`s smallest countries.
The largest cities are … London, Birmingham and … Glasgow.