Grade 7 “А”
The theme of the lesson: “Animals are in danger”
The aims of the lesson:
1. Educational: To enrich pupils knowledge, to develop pupils abilities in speaking; to enrich their vocabulary.
2. Developing: To develop pupils’ writing, listening skills and lexical habits.
3. Upbringing: To bring up pupils to save the nature and to foster their love to animals and plants.
The type of the lesson: Mixed
Method: Critical thinking, answer the questions.
Visual aids: An interactive board, pictures of animals,cards.
Connecting with subjects: Kazakh and Biology.
Procedure of the lesson.
Good morning, children!I`m glad to see you.Today we have a special lesson.Let`s begin our lesson.
II. Warm up.
Always try to be polite
In everything you do,
Remember always to say `Please`
And don’t forget `Thank you`
If at first you don’t succeed
Try, try again.
This is a lesson you should need
Try, try again.
Then you courage should appear
For, if you will preserve,
You will conquer, never fear
Try, try again.
III. Checking up the hometask.
What is your home task for today? (To draw a diagram, to learn new vocabulary, and describe the animal and plants) Please, show me your diagrams. Who wants to tell me about it? Tell us about your animal`s food, habitat, colour, size and character. Then tell us about your flowers colour, where does it grow, what does it look like.Go to the blackboard and describe your animal and plants. You have worked well. Wonderful!Pupils are doing the crossword from the name of their favourite animals and flowers.
1.It can run, climb and catch a mouse. What is it?
2. It likes bananas like bear’s honey. What is it?
3. It’s big, not nice, angry and can swim well. It is green. What is it?
4. What animal can go without food and water
for a long time?
5. It is a big animal. It has long trunk, and it is grey. What is it?
6. It’s grey, has sharp teeth. It belongs to a group of meat-eating mammals.
What is it?
c A t
m o N k e y
c r o c o d I l e
c a M e l
e l e p h A n t
w o L f
1. It’s yellow. It looks like a tulip. What flower is it?
2. What flower is the symbol of Scotland?
3. They are white and yellow in the middle. It looks like the sun. What flower is it?
4. What flower is blooming in early spring?
5. What flower is a symbol of Holland?
6. What flower is the symbol of England?
b u t t e r c u P
t h i s t L e
d A i s y
s N o w d r o p
T u l i p
r o S e
The next part of our lesson is a game.
I`ll read the definition and you must guess what animal it is.
- It lives on the farm. It flies badly. It eats corn. It lays eggs. It sings songs. What is it? (a hen)
- It lives on the farm. It runs well. It eats grass. It gives milk. What is it? (a cow)
- It is brown. It has got 4 legs. It sleeps in winter. What is it? (a bear)
- I`m big. I`m grey. My nose is short. My tail is long. I`m … (a mouse)
- I`m big. I`m grey. My nose is long. My tail is short. I`m … (an elephant)
- It is grey and white. It likes carrots and cabbage. It can run and jump. What is it? (a rabbit)
Thank you very much. All of you have worked well.
The next task is to make words from these letters.
IV. Explanation of the new material.Today we`ll speak about animals. Listen and be attentive. I`ll ask you some questions. First think then speak. Are you ready? Let`s begin.
Do you know that...?
Pupils listen to the sentences and guess what animals are described.
1. I'm baby....
My coat is smooth and nice.
It is of yellow colour,
With pretty narrow stripes.
2. I'm big and I'm strong
And my trunk is very long.
What animal am I?
3. A big black animal with the horn on the nose. What is it?
4. It can stay under water for about an hour without breathing. What is it?
Today we’ll have a new theme. The theme of our lesson is ’Animals are in danger’. Animals are all around us. But nowadays animals are in danger, because people collect animals as pets , and hunt them for food and for fun. Today we can speak about elephants, tigers, rhinos and blue whales. Please all of you look at the interactive board and watch videos about animals.
V. Reading the text ’Do you know that …’ and translating it.“Animals are in danger ”
Listen and be attentive. Our planet is home to a vast and varied collection of animals. They live everywhere, from tops od mountains to the depths of the sea. Animals are everywhere around us, so it is easy to think that we know exactly what animal are. But the animal kingdom is amazingly varied. Some animals have fur or feathers, others have shells or scales.
Animals often have eyes, ears and legs, but there are many creatures that survive perfectly well without them. Animals are in danger, for many reasons, and most of these are to do with humans. People collect animals as pets and hunt them for food and for fun. We must take care of the animals.
Now, children open your vocabulary notebooks and write down the new words:
Hunt [hʌnt] v- аң аулау
Hunter [`hʌntә]n- аңшы
Ivory tusk [`aivәritʌsk] n- пілдіңтісі
Appear [ә`pi ә] v- пайда болу, көзге көріну
Disappear [disә`piә] v- жоғалу
Enough [i`nʌf] adj- жеткілікті
Species [`spi:Si:z] n- түр
Threaten [`Өretn] v- қауіп төндіру
VI. We know that animals make sounds. Now let’s sing a song about animals sounds.
The degrees of comparison of adjectives.
1.A good name is better than riches.
Добрая слова лучше богатства.
Жақсы сөз-жарым ырыс.
2.Two heads better than one.
Одна голова хорошо, две лучше.
Екі кісі бір кісінің тәңірісі.
3.East or west home is best.
В гостях хорошо, дома лучше.
Өз үйім өлең төсегім.
4.Better late than never.
Лучше поздно чем никогда.
Ештен кеш жақсы.
VII. Let’s complete the chart.
Animals Habitat How many…are left? Why do people threaten them?
VIII. Now all of you look at the interactive board and exercise 5.p.50
a) пілдің тісі 1) hunt [hʌnt] v
b) түр 2) hunter [`hʌntә]n
c) жоғалу 3) ivory tusk [`aivәritʌsk] n
d) қауіп төндіру 4) appear [ә`pi ә] v
e) жеткілікті 5) disappear [disә`piә] v
f) аңшы 6) enough [i`nʌf] adj
g) пайда болу, көзге көріну 7)species [`spi:Si:z] n
h) аң аулау 8)threaten [`Өretn] v
a) Indian tigers and African elephants are among them.
b) Tigers and elephants are often dangerous animals.
c) Many animals and birds on the Earth are disappearing.
d) Many of them are in danger.
e) There are few Indian tigers and African elephants left on the Earth now.
Let’s do exercise 2.
"False and True"
1.The cow is a wild animal. False
2. The dog is the domestic animal. True
3. The whale is the biggest animal in the sea. True
4. The elephant is smaller than the monkey. False
5. The tiger is the smallest animal in the world. False
6. There are many forests for tigers all over the world.
7. We must take care of nature and save wild animals.
ІX. I think that you understand today’s lesson. I hope that you’ll protect the environment, the animals. At the end of our lesson let’s connect the letters in alphabetical order, and you’ll discover the hidden animal.
X. Giving marks and conclusion.
Thank you very much for your work and I hope you have enjoyed our today’s lesson Dear pupils, save the nature, love animals, plants and take care of them!
XI. Home-work: ex 5 p.61 in written form
XII. The end of the lesson.
The lesson is over. You may be free. Good bye,children!
Мустафина Римма Нурекешовна
№49 жалпы орта білім беретін мектептің
ағылшын тілі пәнінің мұғалімі