Эл. №ФС77-60625 от 20.01.2015
Внеклассная работа по английскому языку на тему "The Fun They Had"
Teacher: Кәртаева Майра Темірбайқызы School:187 имени М.Шокая
The plan of the lesson
Theme: “The Fun They Had”
Time required: 45minutes
The aims of the lesson: To improve students’ ability to read and to listen for specific purposes, to use reading texts as a springboard for discussion, to extend their knowledge on the topic, to describe films and actors using appropriate language and structure.
Materials required: an interactive board, video, online games “The Category Game”
The Outline of the lesson
Giving the definitions of the words
Guessing the word.
Listening and doing the tasks 1.1,2.1
Speaking on the map “The Fun They Had”
Discussing the pictures “Schools of the future”
Read the information and fill in the chart
7. Team Game. “The Category Game”
8. Giving homework
9. Giving marks
10 The end of the lesson
The Procedure of the lesson
1 Organization moment: a) greeting
b) checking up the attendance
c) asking the day and the date
dispute - to argue about something
sorrowfully - regretful manner
adjusted - adapted or changed to improve or work better
Crinkly- with many folds or lines
Attic - a space just below the roof, used as a storeroom
scornful: contemptuous; showing you think something is worthless
slot: a given space, time or position
geared (to): adjusted to a particular standard or level
loftily: in a superior way
regular: here, normal; of the usual kind
betcha (informal): (I) bet you (in fast speech): I’ m sure dispute: disagree with
nonchalantly: not showing much interest or enthusiasm; carelessly
2.Video listening task “The Fun They Had “from the internet”
Do the Listening tasks
I. Answer these questions in a few words or a couple of sentences each.
1. How old are Margie and Tommy?
2. What did Margie write in her diary?
3. Had Margie ever seen a book before?
4. What things about the book did she find strange?
5. What do you think a telebook is?
6. Where was Margie’s school? Did she have any classmates?
7. What subjects did Margie and Tommy learn?
3. Answer each of these questions in a short paragraph (about 30 words).
1. What kind of teachers did Margie and Tommy have?
2. Why did Margie’s mother send for the County Inspector?
3.What did he do?
4. What had once happened to Tommy’s teacher?
5. Did Margie have regular days and hours for school? If so, why?
6. How does Tommy describe the old kind of school?
7. How does he describe the old kind of teachers?
8. What are the main features of the mechanical teachers and the school-
rooms that Margie and Tommy have in the story?
9. Why did Margie hate school? Why did she think the old kind of school
must have been fun?
4.The Category game
1. Name five things to describe the old kind of school
2. Name four colloquial words from the text (gee-expresses surprise, guess-think, stupid-stupid person, sure-without fail)
3. Name five reasons why Margie hates school
4. Name five features of the mechanical teacher
5. Name five people you associate with the text The Fun they had
6. Name five verbs to do with moving
7. Name five subjects of Margie
8. Name five things to describe a robotic teacher
9. Name five adjectives to describe moods and feelings of your group mates
5.Describe the story Write the information to fill in these charts.
What is the title?
Who is the author?
What kind of story is it and what do you think about it?
What is the story about?
What do you like/ dislike about this
What is the author’s purpose?
What is the story’s theme or message?
What is the author’s purpose?
Would you recommend this story to others?
6.According to the map keep on talking
7.Act out dialogues between: Margie and Tommy discussing the advantage and disadvantages of a mechanical teacher if compared to a man teacher
They had a teacher... It was a man.
Go sightseeing of 2157 to a virtual class
The mechanical teacher was flashing on the screen...
8. Group work. Make a poster.
Schools of the Future
Learning through computers Robotic teacher
Thinking about Language
• In my opinion . ..
• I/we fail to understand why . ..
• I wholeheartedly support/oppose the view that . ..
• At the outset let me say . ..
• I’d/we’d like to raise the issue of/argue against . ..
• I should like to draw attention to . ..
• My/our worthy opponent has submitted that . ..
• On the contrary . ..
• I firmly reject . ..
- Просмотры: 344
- Просмотры: 223
- Просмотры: 169
- Просмотры: 507
- Просмотры: 443
- Просмотры: 133
- Просмотры: 131