Название документа THE STAR HOUR.docx
Накануне оформляется зал для проведения игры.
На протяжении всей игры карточки с цифрами от 1 до 6 для каждого участника соревнований. Каждое изображение и картина имеет свой номер.
Достаточное количество звезд.
Подарки для участников.
1-ое задание. Название комнат.
2-ое задание. Изображения мебели.
3-е задание. Название этажей
4-е задание. Названия местонахождения мебели
1-ое задание. Загадки
2-ое задание. Названия животных.
3-е задание. Изображения животных.
1-е и 2-е задания. Формулы образования английских времен.
3-е задание. Предлоги.
1-е задание. Названия стран.
2-е задание. Названия городов
Финал. Слово «SPORTSMEN»
Good afternoon , dear girls and boys, guests and teachers. I am glad to see you here. Today we are having a competition «Star Hour».Today we'll speak about our houses, animals, English speaking countries. We’ll remember some tenses. You will answer my questions and solve riddles.At the end of the lesson the winner will be given a prize. Be very attentive and tryto do everything correctly. There are will be 4 rounds and each of them has several tasks. You have got cards with the numbers which you must use answering our questions. For each right answer you will get the star.
Now, the participants will introduce themselves. Please, begin.
It’s time to begin the game.
The first round.
L1: The first round is called «The place we live in».
I shall describe different rooms. You can see the numbers of the rooms on the board and you will use the cards with the numbers on your desks. You must show the number of right answer.
1. a bathroom 2. A hall
3. a dining-room 4. a kitchen
5. a study 6. a living room
Please, listen to my descriptions:
The first descriptions.
This room is not very large. People take off their overcoats, hats, boots or shoes there. There is usually a mirror and a little table there. (2)
I’ll read the description once more.
Show me your answers.
The right number is…
…..will get the stars.
We have a fridge, a sink, a table, a cooker in this room. (4)
Choose the right variant. Be quick.
It is a…
….will get the star
3. There is a TV set, some chairs and a sofa in this room. Some people have a fireplace there. It is usually the largest room in the house (6)
4. Your parents can write a report, read important letters and work there. You can read books, do your homework. There are books and magazines on the shelves. (3)
L2: There are some furniture on the board. Try to remember them. I’ll give you 1minute. Your time is over. Answer the questions.
1. 2 2.3
3. 5 4. 6
5. 1 6.4
How many lamps were there? (2)з лампы
How many armchairs were there? (1)2 кресла
How many tables were there? (2) 3 стола
How many chairs were there? (6) 4 стула
We begin the third game. It is called “Listening”.
I’d like you to listen to two people talking about their bedrooms. You’ll listen to the dialogue twice.
1. on the sixth floor 2. on the first floor
3. on the fourth floor 4. on the third floor
5. on the fifth floor6 .on the second floor
You must continue the sentences.
1. Bob’s bedroom is … (4)
2. Katie’s bedroom is … (2)
The pupil who has got the less number of stars must go away from the game.
How many stars have you got?
He (she) is … Please, take the present for your taking part in our competition. The first round is over.
The II-nd round.
Тhe second round is devoted to the animals.
Task 1. “Riddles”
The animals are written on the board. Let’s solve the riddles.
1. a monkey2. a crocodile
3. a tiger 4. a giraffe
5. a hare 6. a fox
The first riddle:
It is green and big. It likes meat. It lives in the river. (2).
Itlivesintheforest. Itlikesbananas. (1)
It likes to eat carrots and it is afraid of a fox and a
wolf. This animal runs very fast. (5)
This animal is red and sly. It likes hens, cocks, hares and ducks. It lives in the forest.(6)
1. Which animal is thefastest? (3)
1. a giraffe
2. a monkey
4. a lion
5. a crocodile
6. an elephant
2. Which of themis the tallest? 1
3. Which animal is the funniest? 2
4. Which animal is the slowest? 5
Look at the traces of animals. Try to guess whose traces they are.
a hear 3
a cat 1
a fox 4
a bear 2
How many stars have you got?
…must go away from the game. Thank you. Take your present.
The III-d round.
We begin the III round. It is called «Grammar». You can see cards on the blackboard with such contents:
Task 1. “English Tenses”.
1. V, Vs 2. am
is } Ving
} V 4.Ved, V2
5. have 6. had V3, Ved
} V3, (ed)
There are tasks for you:
1. Show the formula of the Future Simple Tense. (3)
2. Show the Present Continuouse Tense. (2)
3. What number is the Past Simple Tense? (4)
4. Show the Present Simple Tense. (1)
Task 2.“Key words”.
L2: And now I’ll call the words, which usually are used with certain tense. You must give the right answer.
1. now, at this moment. (1)
2. yesterday. (2).
3. everyday, usually, often, always. (6)
4. tomorrow, next year. (3,1)
L1: The next task is “Prepositions”. You can see different prepositions onthe blackboard.
1. on 2. in
3. under 4. at
5. next to 6. opposite
Choose the right prepositions to the words.
1. Christmas (4)
2. Monday (1)
4. the morning (2)
5. the 21st century (2)
Let’s count the stars you have got.
How many stars have you got? You must go away from our game. Take your present.
The IV round.
It is called « English speaking countries».
Task 1. “Countries”
There are cards on the blackboard and each of them has certain country.
1. The USA 2. Russia
3. Wales 4. England
5. Scotland 6. Northern Ireland
1. What is the largest country?2
2. What is the largest part of the UK?4
3. Listen to the music. What country do you think it is from?5
These are the names of cities:
1. Washington DC 2. Belfast
3. Edinburgh 4. New York
5. Cardiff 6. London
Now, listen to the questions very attentively.
1. What is the capital of England?(6)
2. What is the capital of the USA?(1)
………… must leave our game, because he (she) has the less number of stars. Please, take your present.
L1: The final is.
We have only two participants. It’s task for them –make as many words as you can out of the word “VEGETABLES”. It may be nouns, verbs, prepositions not only proper names.
Let’s look what you have done. Read, please, your words .
L: The winner of our game is…………….(wishes)
Do you have anything to tell us?
The game is over. We think you liked the game very much and enjoyed yourselves. Thank you for your active participation.
Название документа the star hour.pptx
Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
The Star Hour!
The first round «The place we live in»
1. a bathroom 2. a hall 3. a dining-room 4. a kitchen 5. a study 6. a living room Task 1. “Rooms”.
Task 2. “Furniture”.
1. 2 2. 3 3. 5 4. 6 5. 1 6. 4 Task 2. “Furniture”
1. on the sixth floor 2. on the first floor 3. on the fourth floor 4. on the third floor 5. on the fifth floor 6 . on the second floor Task 3. “Listening”.
The second round «Animals»
1. a monkey 2. a crocodile 3. a tiger 4. a giraffe 5. a hare 6. a fox Task 1. “Riddles”
1. a giraffe 2. a monkey 3. a cheetah 4. a lion 5. a crocodile 6. an elephant Task 2. “Сomparisons”.
1. a cat 2. a bear 3. a hear 4. a fox 5. a giraffe 6. a duck Task 3. ‘‘What kind of Animal is this?
The third round «Grammar»
1. V, Vs 2. am is } Ving are 3. shall will } V 4. Ved, V2 5. have has } V3, (ed) 6. had V3, Ved Task 1. “English Tenses”.
1. The Present Continuous 2. The Past Simple 3. The Future Simple 4. The Present Perfect 5. The Past Perfect 6. The Present Simple Task 2. “Key words”.
1. on 2. in 3. under 4. at 5. next to 6. opposite Task 3. “Prepositions”.
The fourth round. It was called « English speaking countries ».
1.The USA 2. Russia 3. Wales 4. England 5. Scotland 6. Northern Ireland Task 1. “Countries”
1. Washington DC 2. Belfast 3. Edinburgh 4. New York 5. Cardiff 6. London Task 2. “Cities”.