Read the texts at pp. 74 – 75, SB and complete the table below. Write
down only key words.
Text Who What When/ where In what way/how
2. Read the texts again and mark the sentences T (true), F (false) or NS (not
1. It takes months to carve tiny creations. ___
2. People see Banksy’s work as vandalism. ___
3. Banksy’s real name is Robin Banksy. ___
4. Congo was fifty years old when he died. ___
5. Pablo Picasso and Joan Miro adored Congo’s paintings. ___
Match the words with their definitions. Use the words to make your own
sentences. Ask your deskmate to translate your sentences either from English
into Russian or vice versa.
Vandalism something which is a very small copy of an
Host made or done by someone whose name is
unknown or not made public
Miniature any activity that is considered to be
damaging or destroying something that was
Carve someone who has guests
Anonymous to make something by cutting into, especially
wood or stone, or to cut into the surface of
stone, wood, etc.
Do you consider yourself a good artist?
Do you enjoy your art class at school?
Do you like modern art?
Do you like paintings?
Do you like visiting art museums?
Do you visit museums when you go to another city?
Have you ever visited an art museum?
What is art?
What artists are famous in your country?
Who is your favorite painter?
Do you enjoy taking photographs?
What things do you like to photograph?
Do you consider photography an art form?
Do you find Picasso’s work astonishing or weird?
Do you have a favorite painting? What is it?