Task 1. Put the words in the right order to make the sentences
nowadays / have got / people / many environmental problems
attracts / the Grand Canyon / a lot of tourists / every year
has canned / a lot of fruit and vegetables / Aunt Polly / since August
in Sydney / Kate / in 1997 / was born 5.1/ castles / have never seen / in Australia
Task 2. Put the words from the box in the right place
Laura comes home late. (often)
He feels sad and unhappy. (sometimes)
Isn't raining? (still)
Are they so independent? (all)
We have seen dodoes .(never)
Task 3. Choose the correct word.
1. Listen to the song! I've just made it...
a) out b) up
2. I don't like when young girl make their faces ...
a) up b) out
3. She couldn't make ... what he said.
a) off ' b) out
4. Bill made ... soon after lunch.
a) up b) off
5. Tigers are very ... animals.
a) suitable b) graceful
6. This is the most... story I've ever read.
a) extraordinary b) extremely
Task4. Choose the right word.
1. The continent nearest to Australia is ... .
a) Africa b) Asia c) Europe d) America
2. In Australia winter comes in ... .
a) December b) January c) June d) July
Australia's population is about ... million people.
a) 58 b) 18 c) 118 d) 158
New Zealand is to the ... of Australia.
a) north b) south c) east d) west
The ... resembles a teddy bear.
a) kookaburra b) dingo c) koala d) duckbill
Australia is divided into ... states and two territories.
a) 5 b) б с) 4 d) 3