Ш.Уалиханов атындағы орта мектеп
Аджиева Улбосын Байгонысқызы
ағылшын тілі пәнінің мұғалімі
Theme: “My Motherland”
The aim: to develop pupils’ intellect, to practice hearing, speaking, to memorize and retain in memory the language material they have learnt.
Visual aids: slides, placards, markers, a computer, an interactive board, pictures.
Epigraph: “I’m a part of the world,
And the world is a part of me”
Teacher: Good afternoon, dear pupils, teachers and guests! Welcome to our intellectual show game! We are glad to see you and we hope that you’ll enjoy today’s game.
Language is the main type of means of communication. There are nearly 3000 languages in the world. English and Russian are the languages of an international communication, they are the languages of Abay,Pushkin, Shakespeare, whom we love and respect for their poems, sonnets and novels. And Kazakh is the state language of our country.
With the help of the knowledge of foreign languages we can communicate with each other, through the Internet or get necessary information from it. And with the help of Russian and Kazakh we can develop our skills in oral speech and reading and bring up as patriots of our motherland.
Before beginning of our game let me introduce with the members of the juries.They are
Well, we begin our game and let’s meet our participants. There two teams
I.Well let’s continue our game the first tour is “Spelling Bee”. I’ll give you some words, you should spell the word and translate it into native language.
The words for the first team:
1.Horse 2.Birch 3.Whale 4.Swan 5.Rhino 6.Dandelion 7.Monkey 8.Elephant
The words for the second team:
1.Snake 2.Rabbit 3.Forest 4.Goose 5.Swallow 6.Squirrel 7.Lizard 8.Snowdrops
II. “Believe or not believe”Please listen the questions attentively and answer for this questions
1. The primer-minister is the head of Kazakhstan. (no. it’s president)
2. The colour of Great Britain’s flag is white. (no. It’s blue and red)
3. Christmas is celebrated on the December 25. (yes)
4. The dombra is the Kazakh national instrument. (yes)
5. The capital of England is Paris. (no. It’s London)
6. Double Decker is the name of the London bus. (yes)
7. “BAD” is the antonym to the word “GOOD”. (yes)
8. Friday comes after Sunday. (no. Monday comes after Sunday)
9. William Shakespeare is the author of “Romeo and Juliet”. (yes)
10. “C” is the third letter of the Alphabet. (yes)
1. The head of Kazakhstan is President. (yes)
2. The colour of our state flag is white. (no. it’s blue)
3. The book is the source of knowledge. (yes)
4. Halloween is celebrated on the night of October 31. (yes)
5. Hockey is the most popular British sport (no, it’s football)
6. The capital of USA is London. (no, it’s Washington)
7. Great Britain consists of 4 parts. (yes)
8. Paris is the capital of GB. (no. Paris is the capital of France)
9. Big Ben is the clock. (yes)
10. “B” is the second letter of the Alphabet. (yes)
III. Our 3rd tour is called “Guess the riddle ”.Here you should guess the and translate into three language.
1.Rabbit likes to eat. (cabbage)
2. Little mouse likes. (cheese)
3. Give me food, and I will live; give me water, and I will die. What am I? (fire)
4. I’m the part of the bird that’s not in the sky. I can swim in the ocean and yet remain dry. What am I? (a shadow)
5. What jumps when it walks and sits when it stands? (a kangaroo)
1.I am green or red. I am spicy and hot. I am in the vegetable group. Who am I? (a pepper)
2. This animal looks like a dog but it wild. (a wolf)
3. I am bad for you. I am at the top of the pyramid. I have a lot of fat. I am cold. I have a lot of chocolate chips. Who am I? (ice-cream)
4. I am white. You can drink me. Who am I? (milk)
5. The animal that sleeps all winter in a den. (a bear)
IV. “Who is quicker?”Here you should translate, make true words as more as you can.
1.Rose 2.Sink 3.Sore 4.Nose 5.Rope 6.Pink 7.Skin 8.Pork 9.Rise 10.Pine
1.Cake 2.Seat 3.Take 4.Case 5.Last 6.Salt 7.List 8.Kite 9.Site10.East
Our game is over. Thanks for your attention. Now, please our juries count the scores of the teams.
The winner is the team______________________