Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
In 1662 Prince Charles II married the Portuguese princess, Catherine of Braganza, who brought to the court the habit of drinking tea. Prince Charles II Catherine of Braganza
Traditionally the English drink tea six or seven times a day: in bed, at breakfast, at lunch, during the day and at 5 o’clock.
Firstly tea had the success among rich men, and then among other English citizens.
The popularity of tea was formed slowly but FOREVER.
Nowadays the English usually drink tea with milk and sometimes with sugar in a mug. A mug milk sugar
They like strong tea.
There are two types of tea rituals – AFTERNOON TEA and HIGH or FIVE O’CLOCK TEA. They haven’t great differences.
ENGLISH TEA RITUAL
For English tea ceremony you need:
1. A table covered by a white or blue tablecloth
2. A small vase with fresh white flowers
4. A teapot with tea
5. A tea cup and a saucer
6. A dessert plate
7. A teaspoon, a fork and a knife
8. A jug with milk or cream
9. A tea strainer with a saucer for it
10. A sugar-bowl with sugar cubes
11. A tea-cozy
HOW TO MAKE ENGLISH TEA
1. Fill the kettle with cold water
2. Boil the water.
3. Warm the pot.
4. Pour hot water into the pot.
5. Place a tea strainer over the top of the cup and pour the tea in. Add some milk.
7. Place a tea-cozy on the teapot to keep the tea warm.
That’s all – you have a nice cup of English tea.
If you want, you can add some sugar. Tea can be served with plenty of scones, teacakes, Ginger bread with salted butter, large-cell waffles, Creams and jams and many-many other snacks. Enjoy your tea!
Cutting a long story short, let’s take a nice cup of tea!