PROGRESS CHECK, 7TH grade, II term
LISTENING “BRITAIN IS GREAT”
(Britain is Great British Council English is Great Part 1 BC Learnenglish 520 )
Task 1 Choose one or more right variants
What topics do Richard and Roger talk about?
the number of items in the British library
how English has evolved over time
the impact of the Internet on English
a famous printer
the first dictionary of English
the first text massage ever sent
English is spoken in … countries
a.45 b.54 c.154
The national British library’s collection has been developed over … years
a.25 b.120 c.250
4. There are a lot of … in the library
a.manuscripts b.magazines c.books d.managers e.maps f.music g.instruments
5. They have got in the library documents that are more than … years old
a.2000 b.12000 c.200
6. These documents can show how the English language …
a.has changed b.had changed c.changed
7. A thousand years ago English was similar to …
a.German b.Spanish c.Greek
8. The first English book was printed about … years ago
a.500 b.150 c.5000 d.five hundred
9. Chaucer wrote the first … in the English language
a.best-seller b.least-seller c.dictionary
10. A poem which dates from … uses 2 for “to” and instead 4 of “for”, just like modern SMS language
a.1786/eightinth century b.1867/the nineteenth century c.1678/the seventeenth century
The nineteenth century poet wrote “I wrote 2 you b4”, instead of “I wrote to you before”. How good is your SMS English? Translate these messages into ‘correct’ English, one word in each space
Luv u.C u l8r
_________ _________ ________ _________ __________
Ru OK? Pls call me
___________ ________ ______? ____________ ________ _______
*Wld u like dnr 2nite?
___________ __________ _______ __________ __________ ?
Answer the question to the text
Why is English the global language?
How many people do speak English all over the world?
Who printed the first English book?
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|