Conditional II or Conditional III? The 8th form
Choose the right form.
If you … more, you could learn English quickly.
will study b. would study c. studied
If she … given me money, I couldn’t have bought the new flat.
doesn’t b. hadn’t c. hasn’t
This cake would taste better if it … less sugar in it.
has b. had c. will have
If I were you, I … for the doctor.
a. would send b. will send c. would have sent
5. If you … the car, nobody wouldn’t have stolen your bag.
a. lock b. locked c. had locked
6. If we … some eggs, I could make an omlette.
a. have b. had c. had had
7. If you had listened to me, you … so many questions.
a. won’t ask b. wouldn’t ask c. wouldn’t have asked
8. If Nick … a table, we wouldn’t have stood in a queue.
a. has booked b. booked c. had booked
9. If the video recorder was in order, we … the film today.
a. can watch
b. could watch
c. could have watched
10. Rita would have gone to the concert if she … about it.
a. knows b. knew c. had known
Complex Object. The 7th form.
Open the brackets and use the Complex Object.
I want (she be) a good friend.
Our teacher thought (we tell) a lie.
She believed (I be) more careful.
We saw (he go) along the street.
I know (he be) a good doctor.
Wet weather makes (I feel) sad.
Parents don’t let (children come) home late.
We have never heard (they speak) about their work.
Ann expected (her granny give) her a present.
My mother made (I clean) the flat.
Make sentences with the Complex Object.