Level A:32 scores (3,8)
Level B:52scores (5,2)
Level C: 14 scores (7)
Read the following text and choose the most suitable title from the list below:
A) My Future Job. B) Popular Professions. C) Jobs Classification.
In English, most jobs are traditionally divided into the following categories:
1) White collar jobs. It means people who work in offices or professional jobs, like teachers, scientists, government officials, journalists.
2) Blue collar jobs mean people who do hard or dirty work with their hands, like construction workers, builders, drivers, cleaners.
3) Pink collar jobs are professions where you may find a lot of women, like secretaries, waitresses, clerks.
4) Green collar jobs. This is a new term used today to describe some jobs connected with ecology, energy saving, pollution.
A lot of old and new professions do not seem to fall into any of those categories, like actors, film directors, internet providers, IT specialists. And there are many new jobs which did not exist a few years ago.
Match the following titles to the paragraphs:a) Intellectual work for brains b) natureprotection
c) messy jobs d) service work
Task 2.Level B
Read the text below and insert one word into every gap.
When we use the internet, we get a lot of (1) ……. Some of the stories we read may seem funny, others very (2) …………… Today, we can also listen (3) ………. songs, speeches, watch the news and films on the web. We can download a (4) ………. of files and save them on our computer for personal use. The Internet also allows us to connect with (5) ………….. in any place very fast. Young people today (6) …………… a lot of time in chat-rooms, google-talk, skype and other services. The Internet is a constantly developing tool.
Task 1.Level A
Give it a name:
1. a job of cutting, washing and styling women’s hair;
2. a job of mending water-pipes and other equipment;
3. a job of decorating houses and flats;
4. a job of typing letters and answering the phone in the office;
5. a job of planning someone’s holidays and journeys;
6. a job of helping doctors in the hospitals;
7. a job of repairing electric equipment;
8. a job of buying and selling houses;
9. a job of making and selling medicines
10. a job of welcoming people arriving at the office, at the hotel, visiting a doctor.
Read the descriptions of the jobs given above and write down the names of the jobs:
Only indoors jobs
jobs related to tourism
these jobs are connected with creating beauty
they are associated with flats or houses
job, related to the treatment of people
Task 1. . Level A
Choose the right verb form.
1. If I (am / were) a receptionist, I would welcome holidaymakers.
2. I wish it (is / were) summer now.
3. If I (would have / had) enough time, I (came / would come) to see you.
4. If only he (didn’t fail / hadn’t failed) the exams last year
5 .If we (got / had got) up early enough, we would have reached the town on time.
6. If it (were / will be) hot tomorrow, we (don’t / wouldn’t) stay at home.
7. We would (behave / have behaved) differently if we had realized the situation.
8. I wish they (were / are) here.
9. If only it (were / had been) hot last summer.
10. If you (called / will call) me, I (told / would tell) you nothing.
Task 2.Level B
Use the words below to write sentences with if.
it/rain tomorrow/we not/go to the park
I/be/you/I/send him a text message/yesterday
I/have wings/I/fly all over the world
They/not know/it/rain/in the evening
Task 3.Level A
. Fill in the gaps:
1. I don’t really …. where to go on holidays.
2. My favourite rock group gave a ... performance yesterday; it was the best I had ever seen.
3. In the film the main character killed his brother because he was … of him and his success.
4. She proudly … her new dress to her friends.
5. I don't ... you staying with me at all. I like your company.
Insert prepositions where necessary:
The soup has a strong flavour … chicken.
The child always feels jealous … his younger brother.
Do you care … birds in winter?
He always gets smart … his father.
Hand your paper ____ at the end of the exam.
Task 5.Level A
Wordbuilding: make up new words connected with occupation
Task 6Level B
Complete the sentences changing the form of the underlined words:
John Cook liked to travel. He is a famous….Travel
Mr. Green is a famous …. of English. Special
Mr. Black is such a good… .Speak
Mary is a fast …Run
Columbus was a famous… . Discover
Task 1.Level A
Fill in the following CV:
Date of birth
Task 2.Level C
Tell about your future profession using topical vocabulary.