TEST-1 (Module #1)
I. VOCABULARY PRACTICE. Translate the following phrases into English:
2)сводить концы с концами,
3) домашние обязанности,
5) занимать и одалживать деньги друзьям,
6) зарабатывать деньги
II. PHRASAL VERB “TAKE”. Use the correct preposition with the phrasal verb “to TAKE”:
1. It was a boring lesson and I didn’t ________ the essence of the new theme.
2. Are you ______ him ________ for his birthday?
3. After some discussions he decided to _________ the leadership in organizing of this expedition.
4. I think I should ________ jogging.
5. Jane is very short – she ________ her grandmother.
III. DEPENDENT PREPOSITIONS. Fill in the gaps with the appropriate prepositions:
1. Be careful _________ money. Don’t spend it all at once.
2. I’m not good_______ learning foreign languages.
3. I’m really keen _______the idea of spending my holiday in the Mediterranean.
IV. TENSES. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct Present Tense:
1. Why are your clothes dirty? Because I_________ (work) in the garden all morning.
2. ______ you______(ever / meet) a pop star?
3. What time________ (train / leave)?
4. ________ (your mum / cook) well?
5. I_______ (see) the dentist today.
6. How long_______ (you / study) English?
7. We ________ (not see) Tina for ages.
8. My brother_______ (always /throw) all things around the house, this annoys me very much.
V. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form (ing form/ to infinitive/ infinitive without to):
1). –How about___________ (go) shopping?
- I don’t mind ___________(go out) with you!
2). I love ______(be) creative! I always have plenty ideas to share!
3). If you want__________(make) money, you need to work hard.
4). My friend can’t wait________(visit) his aunt.
5). You must_______(learn) English to be successful in the future?
VI. Writing a short massage.
You are now at a famous music festival abroad. Send an E-mail to your friend and tell him/her about it. In your E-mail write:
what kind of festival it is
how you like it
what are people and you are doing there
Write 30-50 words. Follow the rules of writing.