IV. Выберите правильный вариант.*
* Только один вариант является верным.
1.I... glasses since I was a child,
a) wear, b) wore, c) am wearing, d) have been wearing.
2. When the phone rang, I... dinner.
a) cook, b) was cooking, c) had been cooking, d) have been cooking.
3. He usually had dinner at 4 p.m., ... ?
a) had he, b) hadn't he, c) did he, d) didn't he.
4. He works ... and makes good progress.
a) hard, b) hardly, c) good, d) badly.
5. He reminds me ... someone I knew in the army.
a) of, b) to, c) from, d) about.
6. Mary is here. Where are ... ?
a) other, b) others, c) the others, d) another.
7. What ... bad weather we are having today!
a) the, b) a, c) an, d) — .
8. Did you read ... English books at school?
a) some, b) many, c) much, d) none.
9. I want to know what ...,
a) are you doing, b) were you doing, c) will you do, d) you are doing. *•
10. I've made ... mistakes now than I made last time.
a) few, b) a few, c) fewer, d) less.
11. Can ... of you help me?
a) some, b) any, c) somebody, d) anybody.
12. This translation is twice as ....
a) easy, b) easier, c) the easiest, d) much easier.
13. We ... two compositions this month.
a) write, b) wrote, c) were writing, d) have written.
14. I had a feeling that somebody ... there before.
a) is, b) was, c) has been, d) had been.
15. She won't see him ... he phones her.
a) except, b) after, c) unless, d) because.
16. ... only one theatre and two cinemas in this city ten years ago.
a) there is, b) there was, c) there are, d) there were.
17. My watch....
a) stops, b) has stopped, c) have stopped, d) stop.
18. Do you know when he ... ?
a) comes, b) will come, c) shall come, d) come.
19. I don't have any pets. Neither ....
a) she does, b) does she, c) is she, d) does she have.
20. His parents didn't let him ... TV late.
a) to watch, b) watch, c) watching, d) watched.
V. Переведите на английский язык.
1. Москва была основана Юрием Долгоруким.
2. Небо темное, может пойти дождь.
3. Мы не знали, что он собирается нас навестить.
4. Кто знает прогноз погоды на завтра?
5. Нам не пришлось долго ждать их.
VI. Выберите правильный ответ.
1. What's the name of the most famous clock in Britain?
a) Big Albert, b) Big Stephen, c) Big Wren, d) Big Ben.
2. What's tartan?
a) a dish, b) a pattern of the kilt, c) a bird, d) a dance.
3. Where is Glasgow situated?
a) in Scotland, b) in Wales, c) in England, d) in Northern Ireland.
4. What's the name of the London underground?
a) Metro, b) Tube, c) Subway, d) Underground,
5. What is the nickname of the Liberal Party?
a) the Tories, b) the Whips, c) the Libs, d) the Whigs.
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|