The theme of the lesson: “The first President of Kazakhstan”
The aims of the lesson:
1. Teaching: to teach how to respect to each others and to think in own way;
2. Developing: to do different exercises, to speak correctly, to develop pupils reading, writing, speaking and listening skills;
3. Up - bringing: to bring up pupils memory, love to the English languages through different teaching methods;
The tape of the lesson: practical
The type of the lesson: mixed
The methods of the lesson: ask - answer questions, explanation method, vocabulary, discussion method, association method.
The visual aids: interactive board, cards, map of Kazakhstan.
Literature: “English” by Kozlov.
The procedure of the lesson:
I. Organization moment:
- Good morning, pupils!
- Good morning, teacher. - How are you?
- Fine, thanks and you?
- I'm fine, too, thank you. Take your seats, please, Thank you!
ІІ. Checking – up the home task:
- Now, pupils let's check - up your home task. What was your home task?
- Home task Exercise 4, 7 at page 84
- Are you ready?
- Yes, we are ready.
III. Explanation of the new lesson:
1. What kind of university and college do you know?
2. Situation of Kazakhstan:
3. And now let's listen to the text with new words:
The Republic of Kazakhstan is situated in the Central Asia. The area of Kazakhstan is 2753000 square kilometres. Its population is about 16 million. The population lives mostly in towns and cities and large villages. The largest cities are Almaty, Karaganda, Shimkent, Pavlodar and Astana. Astana is the capital of the Republic. Astana is situated in the central part of the country.
Kazakh is the official language of the country, but it is not the only lan¬guage which people speak in the country. Russian and other languages are spoken here too.
Kazakhstan borders China, Russia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Kirgizia. There is a long border coast line on the Caspian Sea in the Southwest.
There are a few rivers and lakes in Kazakhstan. The four rivers are the main resources of water in the country. They are Irtish, in the east, Syr - Darya in the southwest, Illi in the southeast and Ural in the northwest of the country. The largest lakes are Balhash, Zaisan, Ala - Kol and Tengis. The flora and fauna of the country are different. They depend on the climate of the area. They are richer in the south and poorer in the north.
The climate of the country is strongly continental. It is cold in winter and hot in summer. Rain usually falls in spring and autumn. Snow falls in all areas but not at the same time. In spring green grass and flowers of different colours cover flat lands and hills.
Kazakhstan has well - developed heavy industry in many cities and towns, As the result of the development of heavy industry the country suffers seri¬ous environmental problems. Agriculture takes a very important sector in the national economy. The people of the country grow wheat, millet, corn and cotton.
As a sovereign state Kazakhstan has its own national flag and anthem and national traditions and holidays. The national flag of the country consists of a light blue field at the centre of which there is yellow sun framed by the wings of a flying eagle, also in yellow, with a vertical stripe of national ornamenta¬tions near the hoist.
4. Answer the following questions.
1. Where is Kazakhstan situated?
2. What countries does Kazakhstan border on?
3. What is the climate of Kazakhstan?
4. When did Kazakhstan gain its independence?
5. How many provinces are there in Kazakhstan?
A clickable map of Kazakhstan exhibiting its 14 provinces.
5. Who is the best translator?
1. Мен Қазақстан азаматымын. I am citizen of Kazakhstan.
2. Қазақстанның тұңғыш президенті Н. Назарбаев?
The first president of Kazakhstan is N. Nazarbaev.
3. Қазақстан Ресей, Қытай, Түрікменстан, Өзбекстан және Қырғызстан мемлекеттерімен шектесіп жатыр?
Kazakhstan borders on the Russian, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenstan and China.
Charyn Canyon in northern Tian Shan.
Baikonur Cosmodrome is the world's
IV. Practicing the new theme:
1. The Republic of Kazakhstan is _______ in the Central Asia.
2. It’s population is _____________.
3. Kazakh is the _________ of the country.
4. Kazakhstan ______ China, Russia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan.
5. There is a long border coast on the Caspian Sea in _.
1. Association of Kazakhstan
Do you know that ….?
1. A New bridge in Astana is 214 metres long
2. An Oceanarium has 2000 sea animals
3. The height of Baiterek is 105 metres
4. The Congress Hall’ has 158 rooms.
5. The population of Astana is 710. 679.
6. The length of the Border is 13. 500.
7. The area of Aktobe region is 300. 600. square km
8. The length of railway in Kazakhstan is about 14. 000 km
9. There are 27. 000 people in Shalkar.
V. Consolidation of the lesson:
1. Who is the quicker?
♦ The President of our country …
♦ The language of Kazakh people …
♦ National holidays of our Kazakhstan …
♦ The capital of Kazakhstan …
♦ The independence day …
2. Sing the song: Kazakhstan’s anthem.
VI. Home task: Exercise 9, 11 pages 122 - 123 read the text
VII. Evaluation, saying good – bye.