How well do you know some facts about Britain?
I Is it true or false?
1. The capital of Wales is Cardiff.
2. The English Channel separates the British Isles from the continent of Europe.
3. The symbol of the United Kingdom is a bald eagle.
4. The name of the British national flag is the Union Jack.
5. The statue of Admiral Nelson stands in Hyde Park.
6. National Scottish musical instrument is a violin .
7. A kilt is a skirt .
8. Good Friday is before Christmas.
9. One of the New Year’s traditions is first footing .
10. A game with an oval ball is cricket.
11. Wimbldon is connected with tennis .
II Choose the right variant.
1. How many countries does the United Kingdom consist of?
a) four b) three c) two
2. What is the capital of Scotland?
a) Manchester b) Edinburgh c) Cardiff
3. What is the emblem of England?
a) a shamrock b) a red rose c) a leek
4. What is the emblem of Scotland?
a) a daffodil b) a dragon c) a thistle
5. The nickname of London underground is…
a) a tube b) a subway c) metro
6. The oldest historical monument of English architecture with high walls was built to defend the city.
a) the Tower of London b) Buckingham Palace c) Hyde Park
7. The custom of making bonfires and burning effigies takes place on…
a) St. Valentine′s Day b) April Fools′ Day c) Guy Fawkes′ Day
8. British children hope to find presents from Santa Claus …
а) on the table b) in the socks c) in the beds
9. Football was brought to Britain by…
a) Romans b) Vikings c) Celts
10. Highland games are held in…
a) Wales b) Scotland c) England
III Answer the questions.
1. Where is Scotland situated?
2. What is the longest river in the UK ?
3. What park attracts visitors by it' s “Speakers Corner”?
4. What is the national musical instrument of Wales?
5. Where does the famous annual rowing Regatta Oxford and Cambridge takes place?
Номер материала: ДВ-298619
Вам будут интересны эти курсы: