1. Make a list of words you know about families. Share your word list with your classmates.
2. Fill in the table.
3. Match the words and the descriptions.
Nephew 1. Your mum’s mother
Niece 2. Mother and father
Aunt 3. Uncle’s or aunt’s daughter/ son
Parents 4. Mother’s or father’s brother
Grandmother 5. Sister’s or brother’s son
Uncle 6. Mother’s or father’s sister
Cousin 7. Your dad’s father
Grandfather 8. Sister’s or brother’s daughter
1. What do you think is the text about? Read the text and say if you are right.
Meet Fred. He is from London. He is 17. He is tall and handsome (привлекательный). He is a student. He is going to be (собирается стать) a vet. He likes animals very much. Fred’s hobby is music. He likes rock music.
Fred lives with his family. It is not very large. There are six members in Fred’s family: Fred, his mother Patricia, his father Christopher and his sister Alice.
Fred’s grandmother and grandfather live with them. Fred’s mother is 39. She is a doctor. She likes roses. She grows them in her garden. Fred’s father is 40. He is a driver. He likes his job very much. His hobby is football. He plays football twice a week (дважды в неделю). Alice is 10 years old. She is a pupil. She goes to school 6 days a week. She is fond of (увлекается) dancing. Fred’s grandmother’s name is Margaret. His grandfather’s name is Philip. They are pensioners. They are very active and like traveling very much. Philip has one more (еще одно) hobby- he likes to take photos. They often visit different places and take a lot of photos. They like to show these photos to their relatives.
Fred has an uncle Ted and an aunt Jane. He also has 3 cousins: Sally, Jim and Samantha. Sally and Jim are Ted’s children. Samantha is Jane’s daughter. On holidays all of them usually come to London to visit Fred’s family. They always have a good time together.
2. Read the text again. Look at Fred’s family tree and fill in the gaps.
Grandmother 6. 39
Margaret 7. Father
Uncle 8. 10
Sally 9. Jane
Patricia 10. Cousin
3. Match the names of Fred’s relatives with their hobbies.
1. Fred a. traveling
2. Patricia b. dancing
3. Alice c. taking photos
4. Christopher d. music
5. Margaret e. gardening
6. Philip f. football
4. Are these sentences True or False?
1. Fred has a very large family.
2. Fred’s family live in America.
3. Fred has a brother.
4. Fred’s mother is younger than Fred’s father.
5. Fred has two uncles.
6. Fred’s grandmother is fond of gardening.
7. Samantha is Fred’s cousin.
8. Fred and his family usually visit their relatives on holidays.