Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
Ten top subcultures
1. Hippies One of the most iconic look of all time would have to be that of the hippy. Immortalized by the Beatles, Twiggy, and anyone who went to Woodstock, this look was all about color, flower power, corduroys and looking laid back, man.
2. Grunge The nineties brought us nu-wave rave, complete with neon trousers and shell-suits, which people soon realized was a stupid look. However, it also brought us Kurt Cobain, and with that, a look that was adopted by millions of people for years following. Long, lank hair, knitted jumpers with holes in and scruffy jeans became the uniform of choice for grunge-lovers.
3. Emo Radical youth subcultures seem to have died out over time, as there are so many ‘types’ of people that almost every combo has been done. Nevertheless, it would seem the emo look could be classed as the latest new look, even though it does draw comparisons from the Goth and New Romantic looks. Inspired by bands with long names such as The Day My Dog Went to Town or Fire Eat Boy Eat Lamppost, morbid youths all over the world decided to wear their hair in extreme side-partings, don neckerchiefs, black eyeliner, and jeans so tight that they can no longer feel their legs
4.Punks Some say punk was born in a small specialist London boutique owned by the eccentric Vivienne Westwood back in the seventies. In an extreme reaction to the other popular, neatly groomed and tidy style of the time – mods – the punk look aimed to shock by combining mismatched patterns, ‘work’ boots, ripped denim and lots and lots of safety pins. Combine with a brightly-colored, starched mo-hawk and a bad attitude, and there you have one of the most infamous subcultures of all time.
5. Geek Chic This style has a resurgence every few years, with the latest one still in full swing – think Travis from Gym Class Heroes, Andre 3000, Johnny Depp or Justin Timberlake. You too can achieve this interesting look, designed to make the wearer look intelligent yet interesting, by teaming thick-framed glasses (it doesn’t matter if you need them or not), drain-piped checked trousers with sneakers, and a tucked-in t-shirt.
6. Rockers In the early sixties, rockers were the rougher, dirtier version of Greasers, but the antithesis to hippies. To be part of this club, you need a mean-looking motorbike, long hair, tattoos and a curled lip. Indeed, this was the era where the Hell’s Angels were born – a subculture still going strong today, with all ages and creeds welcome.
7. Gangsta The emergence of rap music saw throngs of young people’s jeans get baggier and baggier, and bling increased so much it’s a wonder there aren’t more neck problems. The Gangsta look is still going strong, with clothing lines such as FUBU and Rocawear feeding the need to wear all things ‘street’, and icons such as 50 Cent and Jay-Z carrying on the walk-with-a-limp, show-off-boxers, plaster-on-the-face look like it’ll never go out of fashion.
8. New Romantic/Glam Rock All hail the eighties, where hair was big, bangles were bountiful and synthesizers rocked the airwaves. The Glam Rockers were all about colored leggings and leg-warmers, a la Fame, Cyndi Lauper and Paula Abdul, whereas the New Romantics preferred a darker look, complete with black denim, make-up for boys and shiny shoes, like The Artist Formerly Known as Prince.
9. Greasers The Greaser look – which was an product of the British Teddy Boy culture – can be summed up by saying the title of one popular film: Grease. Tight jeans, tight t-shits and slicked back hair was the über cool look for the boys, whereas the girls’ had large but perfectly coiffured hair, ra-ra skirts and lots of girly bows. Back then, it was all about looking cool, juke boxes, milkshake bars and smooching in cars.
10. Dandys/Flappers Way back when the US was young and looked like something from Bugsy Malone with grown-ups, Dandy men and Flapper girls prevailed. Red lipstick, hair plastered to the head with lacquer and sequined dresses were the order of the day for girls, and the men wouldn’t be seen dead in anything but a pressed tweed suit with a bowler hat. The youth of that day hung out in back-street jazz clubs drinking moonshine and playing cards. Knowwhaddamean?
Guess the subculture
1. Their clothes – untidy, they have brightly colored hair and wear metal chains. Their music is aggressive and they are not interested in policy. 2. They have their hair long. This subculture is often associated with drugs and rock-n-roll. And they are often called themselves as “children-flowers”. 3. They are wizards of computer community. Some of them are connected with computer crimes in Internet.
4. They dress in black, have long black hair. They prefer to speak about death or vampires. 5. Their style is leather jacket and cowboy hats. They are mad of their motorized vehicles. Their favorite trend is Harley Davidson. 6. They are aggressive, dress in military and army boots. .. Many of them dislike people of other races or nationalities. Some of them are football fans.
7. This is a young person from middle class mainly who wear t-shirts silk-screened with quotes from movies you've never heard, mop-top haircuts, swinging retro pocketbooks, talking on cell phones, in gym shoes and narrow jeans with their iPads. 8. He or she prefers neon colored clothes, Ibiza, drum n bass, trance, water bottles, illegal raves in the middle of a field, free love, and just general love for… ecstasy. This person lives for all-night dancing.
9. He or she was old teen or young adult from working class but who could earn money. They adored Italian fashion (both clothes and motorized vehicles). 10. Today he or she is stereotyped with wearing slim-fit jeans, sometimes in bright colors, and tight t-shirts (usually black and pink) Their popular hairstyle looks like long side-swept bangs, sometimes covering one or both eyes. They associated with a stereotype that includes being particularly emotional, sensitive, shy, introverted.
1. What is a subculture? A) the arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively B) a set of beliefs, especially the political beliefs on which people, parties, or countries base their actions. C) A subculture is a group of people with a distinct style and identity.
2. Rockers wear a) leather jackets and army boots. b) short jackets or short blazer jackets. c) tight trousers and heavy boots.
Mods have a) very short hair. b) college- style hair. c) very black hair.
4. …. don’t protest against their parents. Bikers b) Hackers c) Punks
5. …. prefer aggressive music. a Punks b) Skinheads c) Goths
6. Goths usually talk about a) favorite films. b) the end of the world. c) their hobbies.
7. Hippies listen to soul music. reggae music. rock’n’roll music.
Match numbers 1) with letters a) 1. to identify a) against the parents 2. to rebel b) with a particular subculture 3. to express c) against the society 4. to protest d) all sort of options 5. to try out e) their identity 6. not to conform to f) society standards 7. to reject g) their own values and beliefs 8. to have h) everything
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|