Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
1. What colours make up the Olympic rings?
Blue, Black, Red, Yellow and Green
2. Which Olympic sport is played with stones and brooms?
3. Gold, silver and bronze. What do participants who achieve 4th to 8th place receive?
4. What is the highest score a judge can award in Figure skating?
5. What is the only sport to have been played on the surface of the moon?
Golf. In 1971, astronaut Alan Shepherd hit 2 golf balls to see how far they might travel.
6. Which sport did James Naismith invent?
7. In which discipline did the father of the modern olympics, Pierre de Coubertin, win an olympic gold medal?
Literature, for his song «Ode to sport»
8. Which piece of sporting equipment is 7.6 cm in diameter and weighs 105-185 grams?
An ice hockey puck
9. In which country did Ice Hockey originate?
10. What was the name of the mascot of the 1980 Moscow Olympics?
Misha the bear
11. Which one of the 5 continents that compete in the Olympic games have never held the Olympic Games?
12. Which sport combines cross-country skiing and rifle shooting?
13. Name the 2 cities in the Southern Hemisphere that have hosted the Olympics?
Melbourne Sydney &
14. The invasion of which country caused a boycott of the Moscow Olympics in 1980?
15. Which country always leads the parade of participants at the Olympic Games?
16. In which sport did Irina Rodnina win 23 World, Olympic and European gold medals?
17. How many competitors form a team in Bobsleigh racing?
2 or 2 or 4 4
18. In ice hockey, what is the sin bin?
The penalty box where players infringing the rules sit out
19.In ice-skating what is tracing?
The marks made on the ice by the skate
20. Does tennis service begin in the left or right court?
21. How many holes are there in a tenpin bowling ball?
22. In which country will the 2014 football World cup be held?
23. At which type of race do you not cross the finishing line?
24. Which sports playing area is 2.7 metres by 1.5 metres?
25. Which sport is played on the largest pitch?