Вариант контрольной работы
по дисциплине Английский язык
Test-paper Topic: "The United States of America"
The USA is situated in the . „. part of North American continent
a) western b) central c) eastern
It western coast is washed by the ... Ocean and its eastern coast - by the ...
a) Pacific, Atlantic b) Atlantic, Pacific
The Area of the USA is ... nine million square kilometers.
a) - b) less than c) over
The Highland regions are ... in the East and ... in the west.
the Appalachian Mountains, the Cordillera
the Cordillera, the Appalachian Mountains
5. The five Great lakes between the USA and Canada are joined together by short rivers or canals and ... joins them to the Atlantic Ocean.
a) the Mississipi River b) the Hudson River c) the Saint Lawrence River
6. The main rivers of the USA are the Mississipi which flows into the ..., the Colorado and the Columbia which flow into the ..., the Saint Lawrence River and the Hudson River, which flow into the ...
Gulf of Mexico; Pacific Ocean; Atlantic Ocean
Atlantic Ocean, Gulf of Mexico, Atlantic Ocean
Hot winds blowing from the Gulf of Mexico often bring ...
a) typhoons b) rains c) snowfalls
The population of the USA is more than ... million people
a) 263 b) 236 c) 326
9.The US Congress has its seat in the ... and the white House is the residence of the …
a) Capitol, Parliament b) Houses of Parliament, President c) Capitol, President
10. Washington is a beautiful administrative city without much ...
a) fresh air b) agriculture c) industry
11 .New York is famous for its ...
a) suburbs b) skyscrapers c) parks
12 ..., one of the first towns founded on the Atlantic coast of America, is historically famous for the Tea Party.
a) Chicago b) Philadelphia c) Boston
13. San Francisco, on the Pacific coast, is a big port and a ...
a) ship-building centre b) cultural centre
14.... is an important centre of modern industries. Not far from it is Hollywood.
a) Philadelphia b) Los Angeles c) San Francisco
15 … is found in many parts of the country: in the Cordillera Mountains, in the state of Kansas, in the East near Birmingham and Pittsburgh.
a) coal b) iron c) oil-fields
16.The USA has ... in California, Texas, Alaska and other regions.
a) coal deposits b) poultry farms c) oil-fields
17.The automobile industry and all kinds of machine-building are highly developed especially in and near ...
a) Detroit b) Boston с) Los Angeles
18 ... is developed along the Atlantic coast and also in San Francisco and Seattle on the Pacific coast.
a) poultry-farming b) textile industry c) ship-building
19.The ... industry is concentrated in the North-East, in Boston and other cities.
a) ship-building b) textile c) light
20.The present constitution was proclaimed in 1787 in
a) Philadelphia b) New York c) Washington
21 .The President elected for ... years is the head of State and government.
a) 4 b)5 c)6
22. Congress consists of two Houses
a) the House of Representatives and the House of Lords
b) the House of Representatives and the Senate 23.The House of Representatives has ... members
a) 435 b)453 c) 100
24. Senators are elected to serve for a period of... years
a) 4 b) 5 c) 6
25. Americans who are not yet ... years old have no right to be elected to the House of Representatives.
a) 18 b)21 c)25
26. Americans who are not yet ... years old have no right to be elected to the Senate.