I.Read the words and the word combinations.
the metallurgical plant
the rebellion of bondage peasants
восстание крепостных крестьян
the Soviet authorities
the heroic struggle
the rank of the Hero of the Soviet Union
звание Героя Советского Союза
II. Match the words and their equivalents.
1) the Soviet authorities
a) металлургический завод
2) the enemy
3) the heroic struggle
c) почетный гражданин
4) were awarded
e) героическая борьба
6) was conferred
f) восстание крепостных крестьян
g) звание Героя Советского Союза
9) the metallurgical plant
i) были награждены
11) the rank of the Hero of the Soviet Union
k) было присвоено
12)the rebellion of bondage peasants
l) советская власть
III. Read and translate the text.
FAMOUS PEOPLE OF OUR TOWN.
At each stage of Yuryuzan's history there are many famous people. Yuryuzan was founded in 1758 by Siberian merchants Ivan Tverdishev and Ivan Myasnikov. They built the metallurgical plant. It was named Yuryuzan-Ivanovsky plant.
In 1829 there was the rebellion of bondage peasants. Its leader was the office worker Ilya Tarakanov. In the beginning of the 20th century in our town lived Yakov Zaytcev. He was the fighter for the Soviet authorities. Now two streets of our town are named their names.
Many residents of Yuryuzan took part in the Great Patriotic War. For the heroic struggle with the enemy Ivan Kukarin, Dmitry Sirtsov and Boris Malahov was conferred the rank of the Hero of the Soviet Union. Also they were awarded orders and medals. The monument of Ivan Kukarin is situated in Yuryuzan near the church.
Dmitry Sirtsov Ivan Kukarin
In the Soviet period Nikolay Bezdetnov lived and studied in our town. Later he became the test pilot. He experienced many helicopters. In 1985 Bezdetnov was given the rank of the Hero of the Soviet Union. He has 3 orders and some medals.
Nikolay Bezdetnov Leonid Surin
All residents of our town remember Leonid Surin who was the honorary citizen of Yuryuzan, famous ethnographer and writer. He wrote many books about his homeland and countrymen.
We hope that there will be many famous people in our town in future.
IV. Answer the questions.
1) How was the metallurgical plant named?
2) Who was the leader of the rebellion of bondage peasants?
3) What monument is situated in our town?
4) Can you name the heroes of the Soviet Union who lived in our town?
5) Leonid Surin was the honorary citizen of Yuryuzan, wasn't he?
6) Is Nikolay Bezdetnov the test pilot or the tankman?
V. Ask 5 questions to the sentence.
There will be many famous people in our town.
VI. Complete the sentences.
1) In 1829 there was of bondage peasants.
2) Many residents of Yuryuzan took part in .
3) The monument of is situated in Yuryuzan near the church.
4) Leonid Surin was .
VII. Use the verb in the right form.
1) They the metallurgical plant.
c) has built
2) Its leader the office worker Ilya Tarakanov.
3) Now two streets of our town their names.
a) are named
b) was named
c) have named
4) Later he the test pilot.
c) will become
VIII. Put the sentences into the negative form.
1) He wrote many books about his homeland and countrymen.
2) Many residents of Yuryuzan took part in the Great Patriotic War.
IX. Tell some words about famous people of our town.
Номер материала: ДВ-496666
Вам будут интересны эти курсы: