Методическая разработка внеклассного мероприятия по английскому языку "Volgograd yesreday, today, tomorrow" (урок - экскурсия)
Методическая разработка внеклассного мероприятия по английскому языку (урок - экскурсия) "Волгоград вчера, сегодня, завтра/ Volgograd yesterday, today, tomorrow" для учащихся 8-9 классов
Составила: Воробьева Карина Владимировна, учитель английского языка МОУ СШ №11 г. Волгограда
«Скажи мне – и я забуду,
покажи мне – и я запомню,
вовлеки меня – и я научусь».
Для подготовки к данному уроку ученикам на выбор предлагаются исторически значимые объекты родного города. Выбор объекта ребята делают сами. Более того, подбирается материал для краткого пересказа истории города c "Волгоград вчера, сегодня, завтра/ Volgograd yesterday, today, tomorrow". Учащиеся выбирают материал из различных источников (Internet, книги, журналы, док. фильмы) и самостоятельно делают перевод на английский язык. Учитель проверяет и редактирует текст, на правильность не только использования английского языка, но и исторических фактов. Когда у всех учащихся готов материал, класс с учителем выходят на пешеходную экскурсию по выбранным местам, раскрывающим историю города. Каждый автор представляет свой объект остальным учащимся.
Тип урока: урок – экскурсия
Познавательный аспект – знакомство с историей родного края и его достопримечательностями, развитие умения извлекать информацию об истории своего города из различных источников;
Развивающий аспект – развитие коммуникабельности, развитие навыков монологической речи, умение выступать публично, работать в коллективе;
Воспитательный аспект – развитие интереса и любви к своему краю.
Повторить и закрепить лексику по теме ‘my city’;
Отработка фонетических навыков;
Развить навыки говорения по теме;
Повысить интерес к изучению английского языка.
1. Организационный момент.
- Good afternoon, children!
- Good afternoon!
- I’m glad to see you.
- We are glad to see you too.
- Today we have an unusual lesson, we have excursion.
2. Работа по теме урока.
Вводное слово учителя: Volgograd has changed its name three times for its 400 years history: Tsaritsyn, Stalingrad and Volgograd. Each name of city is connected to great, significant events in a history of Russia. Let’s learn new things about our city.
1st student: The city was founded in 1589 as a fortress guarding the trade route along Volga. It took its first name, Tharitsyn, from the tributary of the Volga and was originally built on the island. At the beginning of the17th centuries Tsaritsyn was burnt to the ground and then was rebuilt on the right bank of the river.
In 1898, the first iron-and-steel works was built with the aid of French capital. This led to development of a metal working industry at the city. In Tsaritsin were built several timber yards, armaments factory, the largest oil and petrol factory on the Volga. Tsaritsyn also had the biggest wholesale fish market in Russia.
Originally the population of Tsaritsyn was 300, in 1915 its population was already 135000.
2nd student: On April 10th,1925, Tsaritsyn was renamed Stalingrad. In a short time were built the first in the country tractor plant. On the eve of the Second World War it produced 40 per cent of the countrys tractors. New ship factory produced shipping- steamers, barges,etc. The port of Stalingrad was the fourth largest in the Soviet Union.
At the beginning of the Second World War Stalingrad became one of the largest industrial centers producing armaments: tanks, mortars, heavy guns, automatic weapons.
According to a national census in 1939 the population of Stalingrad was
445,000. There were 133 schools, 4 theatres, 89libraries, 3 museums, 4 higher educational institutes, 19 technical colleges.In summer 1942 in Volga and Don steppes began one of the greatest battles in the Second World War the battle of Stalingrad.
3rd student: On August 23rd 1942 German troops reached the Volga north of Stalingrad. On that day the enemy carried out saturation bombing of the city, flying up to 2 thousand sorties. Millions of bombs rained down upon the city. Approximately 40 thousand people were died and 150 thousand were wounded. The earth of Stalingrad was crumpled and blackened. The city seemed to have been struck by a terrible hurricane.
Soviet troops fought heroically for Stalingrad, house by house, street by street.
Only on February 2nd, 1943 the battle of Stalingrad has ended. There is nothing left in the city after the battle but charred ruins. 85% of all housing were destroyed, all parks and squares have been burned
The Stalingrad Battle raged 200 days. During the fiercest period two millions from both sides were engaged in the battle. The battle was the turning point of the Second World War.
Teacher: Thank you. Next you can see Mamayev Kurgan. It’s a dominant height overlooking the city of Volgograd in Southern Russia. There is a place in Volgograd, which is closely connected with the events of the Second World War and with the Great Stalingrad Battle– it is the glorified Mamayev Hill with its “memorial complex “To the Heroes of the Stalingrad Battle”.
Prevailing over the main part of the city, Mamayev Hill is marked on the maps as Height-102,0 and it was the main chain in the system of defense of the Stalingrad front. It also turned out to be the key position in the fight for the banks of the Volga. Fierce battles took place here during the last months of 1942. The ground of the hill was plowed up by bombs, missiles and mines. The soil got mixed together with the fragments of metal. This is the place of the numerous human losses… Right here, in the area of Mamayev Hill, on the 2nd of February of 1943 the Stalingrad Battle was finished.
The name of Mamayev Hill, according to the legend, comes from the name of a Tatar military commander Mamay.
5th student The idea of building a grand monument in the heroic city in the memory of the great battle appeared almost right after the end of the fight. The large scale and difficulty of the composition of the planned ensemble required quite a long period of time for bringing it to life. The construction of the monument was started in May, 1959 and was over on the 15th of October, 1967, when the memorial ensemble for the heroes of the Stalingrad Battle was ceremonially opened.
Only with the help of memorial ensemble as the highest form of monumental art the team of sculptors could reflect the range of mass heroism, meaning and importance of the Stalingrad Battle from different angles, realizing artistic images in a number of sculpture forms and its synthesis with architecture and nature.
A visit to the memorial ensemble leaves deep long-lasting impressions, and participating in organized events, that take on the Hill quite often, has a great influence on the minds and hearts of the ones it is devoted to.
Nowadays historical memorial complex “To the Heroes of the Stalingrad Battle” appears to be the most attended monument in Russia. It functions all year round with no days off, free of charge.
6th student Gradually walking up the stairs of the Hall of Warrior Glory, the visitor comes to the Square of Sorrow through the open space in the wall of the Hall.
In the right corner of the Square there is a composition of a mourning mother with the dead soldier in her arms. His face is covered with a banner – a symbol of the military honors. The height of the composition is 11m, at the fit of it one can find a small water pool, in the calm waters of which the composition is reflected.
In the Square of Sorrow lies buried field Marshall of USSR, excommander of the 62nd army and two times a Hero of Soviet Republics, V.I. Tchuikov.
7th student From the Square of Sorrow we begin our walk to the top of the hill to the feet of the main monument – ‘‘Mother – Russia calls for!’’ Along the serpentine, in the ground of the hill, there was made a reburial or the remains of 34 505 soldiers –defenders of Stalingrad and also there can be found 35 granite tombstones of the Heroes of the Soviet Union, participants of the Stalingrad Battle.
The sculpture ‘‘Mother – Russia calls for!’’ is a compositional center of the whole ensemble, it represents a figure of a woman (its height is 52 meters), rapidly stepping forward. In her right hand she is holding a sword, which is 33 meters long and its weight is 14 tons.
Another well – known monument is the Pavlov House. It was now garrisoned by a machine-gun platoon, under the command of Lieutenant I. Afanasiev, who now took command of the whole defense of the house, a handful of anti-tank gunners under Senior Sergeant A. Sobgaida, the machine – gunners under Sergeant Pavlov and four mortar men under Second Lieutenant A. Chernyshenko – 24 in all.
The enemy was pushing furiously towards the Volga? But the ‘’Pavlov House’’ stood like an immovable obstacle in his way. The fascists decided to destroy the house and at times would keep up artillery and mortar bombardment for days on end. It would seem impossible that anyone could still remain in the house: one wall had caved in, the roof, riddled with shrapnel, had been ripped off. But inside, the soldiers, fighting stubbornly, managed to hold it for 58 days and November 24th, 1942, together with other units of their division they joined in the offensive.
A memorial plaque on the wall of the ‘’Pavlov House’’ lists the names of the soldiers in that legendary fortress. Among them are Russians, Ukrainians, Central Asians and Caucasians.
9th student Volgograd is a lineal city. It stretches for 70 miles along the Volga, which is the largest river in Europe. At Volgograd it is 2 km wide.
Volgograd is called a city of tourists
Many places of interest in Volgograd are connected with its heroic history. In the center of Volgograd is situated Fallen Heroes Square with a common grave. A guard of honour is held by schoolchildren. The Alley of Heroes leads to central embankment with its granite lanterns, wide granite steps, white majestic pillars. From the high bank there is a magnificent view over the Volga. Tourists can go on coach excursion round the town or on a motorboat along the Volga, visit Planetarium, State Panoramic Museum The Stalingrad Battle, the memorial complex on the Mamayev Kurgan, the museum The old Sarepta, which is located in the south district of Volgograd Krasnoarmeyski, to take a stroll along the embankment at the entrance to the Volga-Don Shipping Chanal.
In the evening funs of music can enjoy remarkable concerts of the symphonic orchestra, performances of the best musicians and honoured opera singers and artists of Russia in the central concert hall, located on the Volgograd embankment or go to the performance to one of the theatres of the city.
In the city there are hundreds of cafes, restaurants, canteens, markets, modern stores.
3. Объявление учащимся домашнего задания и его разъяснение.
Написать туристический путеводитель в английскую газету по исторически значимым местам своего города.
4.Окончание урока. Подведение итогов. Объявление отметок.
That’s all for today. Our lesson is over. We found out a lot of new things about our city. Thank you for your work and good-bye.
The city on the Volga. Книга для чтения «Прочитай летом», Г.Т.Костенко, М., «Просвещение», 1990.
‘’Царицин – Сталинград’’. Сталинград: Сталинградское книжное издательство, 1954. — 232 с.
‘’Город-герой Волгоград: Экскурсии, путешествия’’ Справочник-путеводитель. — 1980.
- Просмотры: 110
- Просмотры: 175
- Просмотры: 109
- Просмотры: 1228
- Просмотры: 501
- Просмотры: 163
- Просмотры: 158