1. Correct the sentences
1. Where your sister work?
2. I’m go to the cinema tonight.
3. How much you sleep?
4. We no wear a uniform at school.
5. That’s my brother over there. He stands near the window.
6. Claire not like oranges.
7. Sorry. You can’t speak to Jane. She’s sleep.
8. My friend live in Great Britain.
9. Peter’s a businessman. He’s working all over the world.
2. Write sentences in the past with was/were, there was/there were.
3. Выберите и подставьте в текст вместо цифры подходящий по смыслу глагол, измененный в форму прошедшего времени.
put on , enter, sing, feel, be, see, - wake up, celebrate ,hear, congratulate, give
Kate (1) her 20th birthday last Saturday. The weather (2) wonderful, so she (3) in a good mood in the morning. She (4) a beautiful white dress. In the living-room she (5) a lot of bright balloons and a big birthday cake on the table. Then she (6) her favourite music. At that moment all her friends and relatives (7) the living-room. They (8) her, (9) songs and (10) her many presents. Kate (11) very happy.
Eating is fun, especially when you are hungry. Most people have a favourite food. Some people enjoy eating sweet things like cakes, chocolates and ice cream. Other people enjoy savoury foods like cheese and meet. Enjoying eating is our body’s way of making sure that is gets the things it needs to work properly.
Food helps us to keep warm, talk, run and do all the other things we do. It helps us to grow and stay healthy.
Vitamins also help us to be healthy. Scientists name vitamins after the alphabet. All of them are very important, for example: vitamin C keeps our skin and gums healthy. It is found in fresh fruit and green vegetables, such as oranges, blackcurrants, lettuce. Brussels sprouts and spinach also contain a lot of vitamin C.
Vitamin D helps our bones to grow strong and hard, and we are able to make it for ourselves if our skin gets enough sunlight. But we can also get vitamin D if we eat fish, milk, butter, cheese and margarine. Some people buy pills and tablets containing vitamins. But most of us get more than enough of them from our food.
6.Are the sentences true (T) or false (F)?