Прочитайте текст. В заданиях 1 – 8 обведите номер (1, 2 или 3), соответствующий верному варианту ответа.
Thanksgiving is an American holiday. It has a long history. It is always on the fourth Thursday of November. People have a lot to do before the holiday.
Paul and his family like this holiday very much. Paul`s father always buy a big fat turkey on this day. Mother roasts the turkey and cooks a lot of other tasty things. She is a very good cook.
Americans celebrate Thanksgiving with their families because it is a family holiday. Paul`s grandparents come to see them on this day. First they go to church and thank God. Then they have traditional Thanksgiving dinner. They eat roast turkey with potatoes, pumpkin pie and ice-cream. Paul doesn`t like pumpkin pie but he likes chocolate ice-cream.
1.People celebrate Thanksgiving in _____________________ .
1)summer 2) spring 3) autumn
2.Paul`s family usually has __________________ for festive dinner.
1) roast chicken 2) roast turkey and pumpkin pie 3) roast turkey
3. Paul`s family usually ______________ food for Thanksgiving dinner.
1) cooks 2) buys ready 3) orders in the café
4. Paul _________________ Thanksgiving.
1) hates 2) enjoys 3) doesn`t like
5. People celebrate Thanksgiving with ____________________.
1) their friends 2) their family 3) their neighbours
6. Paul`s ______________ come to their house on Thanksgiving day.
1) cousins 2) friends 3) grandma and grandpa
7. Thanksgiving day is on _____________________.
1) fourth Thursday of November 2) November 14th 3) November 4th
8. Thanksgiving day is a national holiday of _____________________.
1) the USA 2) the UK 3) Russia
|Включите уведомления прямо сейчас и мы сразу сообщим Вам о важных новостях. Не волнуйтесь, мы будем отправлять только самое главное.|