Внеклассное мероприятие по английскому языку в 7 и 8 классах по теме
«Window on Britain and America».
- обобщение изученного материала по теме «Великобритания и Америка»;
- систематизация страноведческих знаний;
- совершенствование лексико-грамматических навыков;
- расширение кругозора;
- развитие коммуникативных умений и навыков;
- поддержание интереса учащихся к изучению английского языка;
- развитие толерантности;
- обеспечить условия для воспитания чувства коллективизма, взаимопомощи.
Оборудование: интерактивная доска, презентация, жетоны-звездочки за правильные ответы.
Подготовительная работа: Учащиеся делятся на две команды. Каждая команда выбирает капитана, придумывает название и рисует эмблему команды.
- Hello, dear children! Today we will play the game «Star Hour». Our topic is «Britain and America». Let’s remember interest places in Britain, America, American holidays, grammar and play with the English letters.
- Answer to my questions on the topic «America». ( ученики записывают ответы на лист бумаги, за каждый правильный ответ они получают жетоны)
1. What is the capital of the USA? (Washington, D.C.)
2. Who discovered America? (Christopher Columbus)
3. What do Americans celebrate on the 4th of July? (Independence Day)
4. How many stars are there on the American flag? (50)
5. How many stripes are there on the American flag? (13)
6. Where is the USA situated? (North America)
7. How many people live in the USA today? (290 million)
8. Which state in the USA is closest to Russia? (Alaska)
9. In what state is Hollywood? (California)
10. Who is the first president of the USA? (George Washington)
11. Who is the president of America today? (Obama)
12. Where does the president live? (White House)
- It’s time to play the game. You will make up the English words using the parts of the words.
(capital, newspaper, Disneyland, rodeo, cowboys, native, turkey)
- Listen to my stories. I’ll describe different sights of America. You will use the cards with the numbers of sights.
The flag of the USA.
The White House.
The Statue of Liberty.
The Liberty Bell.
It was built in New York Harbor in 1886. It was a gift from the people of France to America. About 12 million immigrants passed through New York when they came to America. It was the symbol of friendship between two countries. Now it is America’s symbol of freedom. (3)
It is one of the most beautiful places in the capital of the USA. It is the part where the President of the USA lives and works and it is not open to the public. It consists of 132 rooms. You can visit the library, the Red Room, the Blue Room and the Green Room which have some fantastic old furniture. (2)
It is rang out in July 1776 in Philadelphia, when the Declaration of Independence was signed by Congress. It rang out at every event of national importance until it cracked in 1835. Now it is on display in Independence Hall in Philadelphia, but it never rings. It weighs over a ton and it is 12 feet wide at the bottom. (5)
It is the center of the theater in New York. The lights from all the theaters and advertisements are very bright. On the New Year’s Eve on the 31 of December crowds of people stand in it and wait for midnight. At midnight everyone shouts, «Happy New Year!» to everyone else. (4)
It was made by Betsy Ross during the War of Independence on January 1, 1776. It had 7 red and 6 white stripes for the 13 American colonies, and there were 13 stars in the field of blue in the corner. Now it has 50 stars for the 50 states. But the number of stripes is the same-13. (1)
- Now you must write the words in right order and make up questions. Are you ready to start?
have, What, you, seen, in the park? (what have you seen in the park?)
Who, last, was, in Los Angeles, year? (who was in Los Angeles last year?)
they, When, celebrate, will, Halloween? (when will they celebrate Halloween?)
going, to Texas, Why, he, is? (why is he going to Texas?)
Whom, people, near, House, can, the, White, meet? (whom can people meet near White House?)
- You’ll listen to description of some popular American holidays. You must write down the numbers of these holidays in the right order.
April’s Fool’s Day.
People celebrate this holiday in America in the same way they celebrate it in England. People make jokes on this day and have a lot of fun. People celebrate this holiday in spring. (5)
Families and friends celebrate this day. Every town and every city has parades, games and sports with prizes. On that day 1776 the USA became independent from England. (1)
On this day students and pupils read about George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and other American presidents. (4)
This is one of the most favourite holidays of the year. Children dress up, shout «Trick or treat». Get sweets, fruit, cakes and people have pumpkins with candles in their windows. (3)
This is the biggest holiday of the year. Many people enjoy it mist of all and say this is the main holiday of the year. The President gives his speech on TV. Parents tell their children that Santa Claus will come to their house at night and leave presents for them. (2)
You can see the American flag everywhere on this day. People honour the man who was the discoverer of their country. (6)
- Choose the correct answer to the questions.
The capital of Britain is:
On the 5th of November this holiday is celebrated. What holiday is it?
Guy Fawkes Night
3. This is the place where the Prime Minister lives:
- Buckingham Palace
- № 10 Downing Street
- The Tower of London
4. This is a building where the parliament seats, there’s a clock tower with a famous bell in it:
- the Houses of Parliament
- Buckingham Palace
- St. Paul’s Cathedral
5. It was a fortress, a royal palace and later a prison. It’s a museum now:
- St. Paul’s Cathedral
- Tower Bridge
- The Tower of London
6. The official language in the USA is:
В конце конкурса команды подсчитывают полученные за каждый правильный ответ жетоны. Команда, которая набрала больше всего жетонов, становится победителем викторины.
- Thank you for the game. Let's count the points. So you can see that the winner of our game team _____ class _________ . Congratulations!
|Подраздел||Другие методич. материалы|
Свидетельство о публикации данного материала автор может скачать в разделе «Достижения» своего сайта.